Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite Grilled Fruit Recipies

Options
Smokin Bob
Smokin Bob Posts: 239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any favorite grilled fruit recipies out there? [p]Thanks ~[p]B o B

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    smokinBoB,
    Grilled fresh pineapple slices dusted with chili powder and topped with vanilla bean ice cream. Good stuff.[p]LR

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    smokinBoB,
    this isn't grilled, but its awfully good done on the egg, then served with vanilla ice cream:. .[p]Apple and or Peach crisp recipe. . .[p]9X13 pan[p]15 apples/peaches, skinned and cut up into pan [p]2 tspoons lemon juice (spread on the apples to keep from browning. . .
    grease pan[p]in bowl, mix
    2 sticks butter
    1 ½ cups flour
    2 cups sugar
    4+ teaspoons cinnamon[p]mix together, and press on top of fruit[p]bake at 350 for one hour. . .[p]fantastic when done over the plate setter in the egg. . .

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options

smokinBoB,
    Here are two Eggfest Classics.
    [ul][li] Baked Banana Balinese[/ul][p][ul][li] Grilled Sugar-Dipped Pineapple [/ul][p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk

• Smokey Bob
    Options
    smokinBoB,
    Tried this last weekend and it was pretty good.
    Lime juice, honey, and chili powder (your own proportions)
    Spread on fruit and grill, turning and basting several times.[p]SB

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    Don't forget, from the maker of "sugar dipped pineapple", MikeO, comes a killer fruit kabob recipe.
    Beers!
    Chris

[ul][li]MikeO's Fruit Kebobs[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Sounds WONDERFUL! I'll have to give it a try...[p]BTW, have a GREAT time at the Forks Farm Fest...I'll be tipping a cold one your way. I told my sister Traci to still try and swing by even though I can't make it. She'll be dragging four kids with her and maybe her husband. They haven't been down here since I got my eggs so she hasn't had the pleasure of egged food.....[p]Have fun![p]Tonia
    :~)

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    I haven't tried this yet because good peaches weren't available when I saw the program. Actually, good Colorado peaches are just starting to appear in the markets. It's from the Food Network, Bobby Flay, "Boy Meets Grill".[p]
    Grilled Peaches with Creme Fraiche and Molasses[p]
    Vegetable oil, for brushing
    8 peaches, halved and pitted
    8 ounces creme fraiche
    1/4 cup molasses [p]Brush peaches with oil and place on the grill, cut-side down. Grill until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn the peaches over and grill another 45 seconds. Remove the peaches to a plate and place a tablespoon of creme fraiche in the indentation of each peach. Drizzle with the molasses.

• Poncho
    Poncho Posts: 50
    Options
    smokinBoB,
    I prefer simple...cut several figs in half. Grill direct for a minute or two until slightly carmelized. Serve with vanilla ice cream or plain yoghurt that has some lemon zest, sugar and lemon juice added to it.
    Poncho

• smokinBoB,
    ther are two wonderful recipes in the BGE recipe section..one is the Baked Banana Balinese and another is the Fruit Kabob, with a little bit of everything on it.. YUM~
    enjoy!
    BBQBeth

• smokinBoB,
    the PERFECT recipe.....[p]manderine oranges (canned is ok)
    marinade with brown sugar and butter
    skewer and grill till brown
    serve on vanilla ice cream with almond slivers