Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need reciped for lemon herb chicken/wings!

Options
Mark
Mark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The local wing joint sells "lemon herb wings" they are great. They won't tell me whats in them. Does anyone have a recipe for lemon herb marinade/sauce for chicken/wings? Thanks-

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Mark,
    don't know what you tasted, but try this. . [p]50/50 olive oil/lemon juice
    dash of worchteshire sauce
    splash of tobasco or other hot sauce to suit
    healthy dose of herbs de provence or italian herbs. . [p]marinande the wings (or whole chicken for that matter). .. also, brush some on while the wings are grilling. ..

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    Mark,
    I've tried this recipe, cooing as I would any other "normal" wings on the BGE and they came out great!!

[ul][li]Lemon Herbed Chicken Wings[/ul]
  • Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    Toe 49,
    Although "cooing" might help, that should say cooking!!

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Toe 49,
    that's pretty similar to mine. . .basically, add whatever you want to the base 50/50 oil/lemon juice. . .must say, i forgot about the garlic. . .[p]anyway you do it, it comes out great though. . .and really makes for nice crispy skin when grilled. . .

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Toe 49, looks like a most interesting recipe! Think I'll give it a try next week. Thanks![p]Life is GOOD :~}[p]
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Toe 49,[p]Sounds like a good one. Do you use that "seasoning blend" or is there a generic substitute?[p]mShark
  • Mark,the following is good for about 30 wings.In a"bucket"Mix 3/4 cup kosher salt and 3/4 cup sugar in 1 qt. warm water( stir until totally dissolved).Add wings.Set your timer for exactly 30 minutes-then pour off brine-rinse chicken with water and let wings drain a bit.Now cook wings with nothing else on them.Next the sauce- squeeze 20 ounces of fresh sqeeze lemon juice and boil down to 6 ounces-then add 10-12 ounces of honey to this,5-6 cloves garlic, 3-4 thai peppers (or jalepinas),1tsp. sesame oil.Pour the amount of this mixture you like over wings as they are hot off the grill in a mixing bowel.Now add 1/2cup shredded ginger and 1/2 cup of your herb -cilantro.Now maybe shake a little soy sauce on.Toss and feed.Make sure you time the brine because if you forget and they brine an hour you can toss them!!!!!!!!Now you know the recipe for ASIAN SWEET TARTS

• Mark,I forgot something-include 4ounces of olive oil-to honey lemon sauce.