Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- South of Boston area resturants

Options
Smokin Tiger
Smokin Tiger Posts: 352
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I will be in the Abington-Rockland area for a few days next week and was looking for info on good resturants in the area without going back into Boston (will hopefully do that at least one night for a Sox game). Any ideas for this area or over towards the coast?

Thanks

Comments

• Aron
    Aron Posts: 170
    Options
    Don't know how fancy you're looking for, but the Barker Tavern in Scituate (a beautiful little town on the water) is really nice and not too far away.

www.barkertavern.com

They have a few different rooms (Eli's Pub is more reasonably priced, the New England room more upscale and the prices reflect that, but there's also more options). I've eaten at Eli's Pub in the past and have walked through but not eaten in the New England Room.

TK O'malley's (also in Scituate) has good bar food and a great view of Scituate Harbor, but the quality of the food is nowhere near Barker Tavern.
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    If you like Italian this a great restauran I like the Bococcini di Vitello
    http://www.diningquest.com/lucianos

Ross
  • FearlessGrill
    Options
    Tiger,

We live a couple of towns over from where you are going to be. Unfortunately, the South Shore is a culinary wasteland for the most part ... we usually go back up into Boston when we want to eat out.

One decent place in Hingham is the Scarlet Oak Tavern. They're a bit pricy, but the food is good. If you like Sushi, there are a couple of decent places in Quincy. Our favorite is called Kagawa, and there is another one (Fuji?) that is ok too about 3 doors down.

-John
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    If you're thinking upscale try da vinci's - it's one of the best dining experiences I ever had in Boston over a 16 year period of making sales calls on Boston.

www.davinciboston.com
  • Smokin Tiger
    Smokin Tiger Posts: 352
    Options
    Thanks guys, I will check all of these out. I always know I can trust resturant reccomendations from fellow eggers. :woohoo: I have had mixed results asking to folks at the front desk of the hotel. :blink: :ermm:

Thanks Again
  • Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    The Abington Ale House has very decent pub grub and a fairly wide selection of brews, Vin & Eddies just across the street is a little more upscale and very good I'm told.
    Alfredo's in Quincy has some of the best Italian food I've ever eaten, and The Scarlett Oak Tavern in Norwell is great for steak and seafood.
    Tosca's on Hingham Harbor gets rave reviews though I haven't been there yet, but 20 minutes down rt 3 you'll find the East Bay Grill on Plymouth Harbor, great food and a fine selection of cougars and MILFs on the prowl around the bar.
    2 dependable local chain restaurants located together on the Hanover/Norwell line are Papa-Razzi Trattoria and Joe's American Bar & Grill.
    When you head into Boston, might I suggest Tremont 647, owned and operated by Andy Husbands who just happened to be the guest celebrity chef at last years New England Eggfest. A little off the beaten path, and the same can be said of the menu, but the food is fantastic. Tell Andy I sent you, he'll hook you up.
    Also, just outside of Fenway is the Cask'n Flagon, the second best sports bar in America according to ESPN. Sports bar fare, but not typical and on the exceptional side. DO NOT tell Dana that I sent you, he will not hook you up, and he'll probably assign a bouncer or 3 to chaperone. If you don't get there early enough to beat the lines, Boston Beer Works is right across the street, not much of a sports bar, but great food and beers brewed onsite.
    Any bar around Fenway will be absolutely jammed from about 2 1/2 hours before game time on, this is absolutely NO indication of quality inside, but these 2 are always a safe bet.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    well said....
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante