Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

UH OH. MENSA MEN STRIKE!!!!

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
geez, pete, whats with you mensa people, now they are shooting up the holocaust museum in DC!!!!! this is just in on the guy that shot up the holocaust museum here in DC this afternoon!!! ...and to think he's one of yours!!!

Details on White Supremacist Suspect
Police are confirming that the name of suspect is James Von Brunn, a white supremacist, born 1920.

On a rambling, racist and bitterly anti-semitic website a man who identifies himself as James W. von Brunn claims to be a former World War II PT boat captain who was decorated for his conduct in battle, and was an advertising executive and film producer in New York City.

He claims to be a member of Mensa, "the high-IQ society," and in 1981 was convicted in D.C. Superior Court for an offense that is not made clear. He was "convicted by a Negro jury, Jew/Negro attorneys, and sentenced to prison for eleven years by a Jew judge. A Jew/Negro/White Court of Appeals denied his appeal. He served 6.5 years in federal prison."

all kidding aside. ..serious stuff....just very glad to see security working the way its supposed to . ..we kid/joke a lot in this town about these damn rent-a-cops at some of the museums/federal buildings and how lackadaiscle they look, etc. ..but so far, it looks like security at this museum worked the way its supposed to. . ..granted this nut is 88 years old, but he approached a museum full of tourists, many of them children, with a loaded shotgun, only got as far as the security gates at the entrance, got off a shot or two at the first security guard (hitting him by the way), and then other security guards converged on him, shooting him and putting him down....so far it appears that no other innocent bystanders were hit. ...good work guys!!!!

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Dang...Another reason I think I'll get my CC permit. While I can. Fruitcakes all over the place.

Typically they target un-guarded locations.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    proving even a genius can be an idiot....
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Willie
    Willie Posts: 132
    Options
    Mad Max, With respect we can get this info from tv or the papers. Much prefer your great comments on your cooking expertise.
    Bon Appetit
    Willie
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I went to a small school. They didn't teach IQ but I learned a little about cipher'n and spel'n and bucketball. Funny thang is I feel real smart amung some peoples.

Spring "Smart Ain't Near As Good As Rich" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    and I have learned that we can choose to read a post or not ;)
    and I can't spell... and I'm not on my lap top ...
    it is sick and at the laptop hospital...
    and neils spell check is messed up on his...
    LOL my fault :whistle: :S
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

... "Smart Ain't Near As Good As Rich"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

One of the best yet Leroy.

How true. There are a lot of intellectual idiots running loose.

Kent
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    they just announced that the guard that was shot has died. ...

so please understand that while i was poking a little fun at our fellow eggor who is a mensa card holder and we've had a long running joke with him about being a mensa man, i do take this shooting very seriously. .. .

this is my town after all....and i hate that we've turned it into an armed camp these past 8 years (those of you who i've taken on tours over the past 8 years have heard me rant about it for sure!!), and i've also spoken in not so nice terms about the quality of the security services they hire to guard the entrances of these museums and other public places. . . but again, in this instances, it sure seems from first indications and initial reports that this man, and his fellow guards really did their jobs, and in this man's case, made the ultimate sacrifice....if it was like most noontimes at that museum, that lobby was chock-full of old folks, parents, and busloads of young children. ..and they've now said that this old nut had a rifle, not a shotgun, so lord only knows how many lives he might have taken if not for those security guards quick actions. ... so my prayers go out to him and his family this afternoon. . .
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Relax Willie he was taking a well deserved potshot at me.

Keeps me humble :)
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    For what it's worth Max I was gonna poke fun at Slim Jims yesterday, but three people died in the ConAgra plant explosion where they are made so I refrained..

Yes it is sad..
  • Mainegg
    Options
    LOL so Willie can be your friend now and I don't have to give up anymore mist???? :blink: :whistle::lol::kiss:
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Frat that.. The Mist is MINE!!!!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Sad...

I remember going through the museum when we visited DC a few years ago. Until I toured the museum I could only relate to the Holocaust by what I read or what Hollywood showed me. After just a few minutes I can only imagine what went on in those people's minds as things got progressively worse for them.

I can also imagine the ghost of Hitler as this nut came through the door with his gun thinking he was doing the world a favor.

As a species we sure have not developed well.

I know you are very proud of "Your Town" and hate it when something like this happens. But I think you represent most civilized people, especially Americans who think DC is their town too.

Spring "Imagine Good" Chicken
  • Willie
    Willie Posts: 132
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    I did not mean to offend anyone, especially MM, I apologize to the readers of this forum.
    Bon Appetit
    Willie
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    No offense taken.. :)
  • Mainegg
    Options
    Hey Willie :) you will see as you hang around and read posts a few people on here show their love in weird ways. usually it will say off topic or O/T in the heading :) and you can read or not and we all like the cooking posts that max puts up! And Pete.... well Pete is Pete (but we luv him, shhhhh don't tell him though!):whistle: Julie
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    Lets make it perfectly clear, this 88 year old man was ANTI-SEMETIC and a RACIST. It doesn't matter who was the Jury, the Attorneys, and Judges. The man was found guilty of a Crime. He also is a WHITE SUPREMACIST and has been one for a long time. So don't downplay the fact that the jury, the attorneys, and judges were either Jewish and/or Negroes. Last time I remember they are just as much of America as everyone else. This so-called "Hero" ain't NO hero.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Sorry Max, I don't think you can make up for this one.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Even so, not in good taste. People lost their lives in this.