Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ground Brisket Beef Enchiladas

GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm really liking this home grinding action vesus the grocery store. Kept these simple using the Fidel's red enchilada sauce recipe and flour tortillas. I get some nice chili powder in bulk here. Not hot, but good flavor. I went with the four TB's but will cut it back to 2 to 2 1/2 next time. Tasted great while it was simmering, but was just a little strong on the plate. Some of that was me getting disracted :blush: and not pulling them off as soon as I should have. They didn't burn, but were getting a little dark. They will be made again.
BeffbRisketenchiladas001.jpg
BeffbRisketenchiladas004.jpg
BeffbRisketenchiladas006.jpg
BeffbRisketenchiladas008.jpg
BeffbRisketenchiladas010.jpg
BeffbRisketenchiladas013.jpg
BeffbRisketenchiladas020.jpg
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,333
    Dang!
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,716
    We use a similar recipe with one exception. We like green enchilada sauce on ours. They are very tasty. Try it if you get a chance.
    ·
  • Man, that looks delicious!!
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Look terrific!
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,028
    Those look fantastic! Beautiful plating as well. Enchies are one of my favorite meals.....period!
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    that looks great!! and I do not think there is anything cuter or sexier than a well seasoned cast iron skillet with the handle cut off! :side:
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    Amazingly simple to make, no more canned or jar enchilada sauce for me.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Agreed. 15-20 minutes and well worth the effort. i usually make a big batch and freeze it.

I'm going to experiment next time to cook the flour a little longer to get a darker sauce.
    ·
    I'm now a believer in the preseasoned Lodge CI. That's a 10-inch that I've done maybe a dozen cooks on and look how black it's turning.
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Oh man, that looks good.

Kent
    ·
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,501
    Nice Enchiladas Barry

Ross
    ·
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
    Save some for me!!!
    ·
  • emzekeemzeke Posts: 15
    Looks AMAZING!!! Betcha it was tasty too :P

Mike
    Harrisburg, PA
    ·
    You're becoming quite the carnivore...
    ·
  • :woohoo: those were always my grannie's favorite pans :side:
    ·
  • ;) attractive presentation; know they were great! did you use any wood to smoke them ??? That's how to really get them rockin :woohoo:
    ·
    No wood, but that's why I did the ground beef outside to pick up the charcoal flavor. Guess I'll just have to do them again and try something different.
    ·