Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CWM ?

Options
RGBHV
RGBHV Posts: 1,318
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
inverted V rack

I assume ribs draped horizontally over the rack rather than vertically in the rack.

n'est pas?

Michael

Comments

• Pancakes
    Pancakes Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm not CWM nor do I plan to offer any advice under his expertise, but I just finished two racks on Sunday using his methods.

I draped one over laying flat and had to cut the other slab in half to keep most of the meat over the platesetter. The smaller sections sat in the slots of the inverted v rack vertically. They also finished faster than the center slab, most likely due to the location of the ribs being next to the edge of the plate setter. I had to adjust them and rotate them as necessary when cooking twice. They will curl up a little bit if you set them in the rack vertically. How many racks are you doing and how are they coming along?
  • RGBHV
    Options
    I wasn't sure where I'd get the fastest answer so I posted and e-mailed...he got back to me via e-mail rather quickly.

I'm doing 3 racks - the're coming up to the 3 hour mark and they all seem to be doing well. They smell amazing -I've never cooked ribs this long before - I just feel like taking them off and eating them. But I won't - i have will power - I think!

I hope to follow up with wings once I pull the ribs.
    They are patiently waiting in the fridge.

Michael
  • Pancakes
    Pancakes Posts: 45
    Options
    Yeah it was a first for me too. 5 1/2 hours seemed like forever to wait for them to come off, but well worth it. Good luck and happy eating.
  • Unknown
    Options
    what time is dinner? ;)
  • RGBHV
    Options
    Somewhere between 1700-1800 so we're right on schedule!

Michael