Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks TRex

Options
toomanybbqgrls
toomanybbqgrls Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Daughter was having some friends over and wanted me to cook steak on the egg. She bought the steaks which turns out I need to teach her my method of selecting meat. To make a long story short, marinated 1 hour in Dales, then cooked using the TRex method. Everyone complimented the cook, and if I say so myself they were great considering the cut. Thanks TRex.

Comments

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    toomanybbqgrls,[p]One important step to TRex's method is you must hide the steaks during the rest period to keep 'em intact.[p]Carl T
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    toomanybbqgrls,[p]Glad your steaks turned out well. [p]Currently I have a 3.5 lb prime beef tenderloin cruising at an internal temp of 104 . . . [p]Beef. It's what's for dinner/lunch/breakfast/ . . . [p]TRex
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Carl T,[p]You've got that right. I was just resting a beef tenderloin that I'm cooking for Sunday lunch, and my father-in-law almost sliced a piece thinking it was done.[p]: )[p]TRex