Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gfw, interested in your pp

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Gfw,[p]Friend droped off a Boston Butt today and asked if I would smoke it for her. Well, just say I'm a sucker for a cute face.[p]Anyway, its a 6.25 lber and I went right to your site for get your technique. Now that you're "fat and happy" ... its just an expresion, do you have any after thoughts or changes you might make to the posted method (I'm also using a medium egg)?[p]

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Smokey,[p]Dang, wish some cute girl would come by here and drop off a fresh Butt to smoke. Some guy have all the luck! Dang.[p]Dang[p]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Smokey, this "Fat & Happy BBQr" would make no changes -- in fact that's what we had for dinner tonight, PP, corn on the cob and a little slaw![p]PP is always great and the leftovers are equally as good. In fact, from here on out I'm going to shoot for an finish time several hours before eating time. [p]Good luck!

• Smokey
    Options
    Tim M,[p]I think I made it sound a whole lot better than it really is. The girl is married and 3.5 months pregnant! The pp is one of her cravings. I made some a while back (only a 2.5 lber) and had her and her hubby over for lunch. The 6.25 lber will be a bit of a chalenge!
  • Smokey
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Plans are to start rubbing her butt with mustared Wendnesday and get it on the heat Thursday night anround 9 or 10pm. The pp is actually for Sunday, so being done some time Friday will work fine!
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Smokey, the 6+ lb will cook just like the 2.5 lb butt - sounds like fun. Post the results!

• Smokey
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Quick question. I just looked at the butt. It has a large fat cap on one side and bone in. Does anything change. I assume I smoke it fat side up and keep the polder away from the bone.
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Smokey,[p]A non-forum member might interpret from this post that you enjoy two strange fetishes, each more fiendish than the first.[p]Enjoy the butt and feel free email leftovers my way![p]Cornfed