Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Packing for Traveling

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have seen some thought on taking the egg on the road. I took the insides out when I took a trip with mine. Saw one in a table on back of a pickup. I thought about getting a thin piece of foam and putting it between the inside parts and leaving it together. Thank you for any thought on this because the egg is gonna travel. I just want it to do it safely. Poppasam

Comments

• Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Options
    Poppasam,
    Buy some high density foam from a local fabric store. Cut yourself some circular discs and trim out an area to fit the inners. I have only done this for the mini and it works just fine. Cant see why it wouldnt work for the other sizes. Mac

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    Poppasam,
    I took our small on two camping trips this summer and left it completely assembled for both trips. I took it out of the nest and slid it up into the front corner of my pickup, which has a fiberglass cover over the bed. I wrapped a piece of heavy corrugated cardboard that BGE uses to ship large eggs between the egg and the side of the truck. I then packed other things around the egg to make sure that it couldn't tip over. It made both trips just fine.