Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping OttawaEgg

Bob V
Bob V Posts: 195
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tim -

Did you get my note about the guy from Basques charcoal?

Bob V

Comments

• tke71709
    tke71709 Posts: 16
    You guys doing a secret charcoal run?

Hard to get decent charcoal in Ottawa...
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    If it was a secret, I guess it isn't now...
  • Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    Another Ottawa egger? What lump are you using now? I use Maple Leaf and I am generally happy with it. There are other brands in town if you know where to look.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Bob V
    Bob V Posts: 195
    Cool down, guys. I had a lead with the sales manager for Basques charcoal in Quebec who *might* want to participate (let's hope sponsor some way) the Niagara Eggfest.

I was testing to see if the off-line communication through the Forum worked - Bob V
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Hi Bill -> I sent you and e-mail.

Michael
  • tke71709
    tke71709 Posts: 16
    Chef Charles wrote:
    Another Ottawa egger? What lump are you using now? I use Maple Leaf and I am generally happy with it. There are other brands in town if you know where to look.

I use Royal Oak, you can buy it anywhere and the quality is good enough for me.

The Capital City Appliance guys mentioned to me that BGE is now by far their biggest seller, beating all their gassers.

I'm in Stittsville btw, where are you.