Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to store Pulled Pork?

Jeff
Jeff Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Great forum I have learned much. I have 2 butts on tonight that will not be eaten untill next friday. This is the only chance I have to cook them. How should I store them after they are pulled? Is the microwave going to be the best way to re-heat? Thanks
Jeff

Comments

• GaDawg
    GaDawg Posts: 178
    Jeff,
    Do you have a vacuum sealer? If so you can
    reheat in boiling water in the sealed bag.
    Chuck

• For only a week you can put it into a zip lock, shove the air out and freeze it. You can reheat in the oven or the nuke.
  • VaDave
    VaDave Posts: 21
    Jeff,[p]Go ahead and freeze it in some zip-lock bags, and then microwave it when you're ready to serve. I know what you're probably thinking: Microwave? I usually hate the microwave for the effect it has on foods, but it does a great job on pulled pork. I'm guessing it's because the collagen and elastins have broken down, so there's nothing left to toughen up when it's nuked. Enjoy!
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Jeff,[p]Like the folks say below, if you have it vacuum sealed then the boil method is best.[p]I don't have a vacuum sealer and I reheated some pulled pork the other day that turned out great.
    I let the pork thaw overnight in the fridge, then put the pork in a roasting pan, sprinkled some rub and some hot vinegar sauce over it, tossed it all to mix, sealed it up tight with foil and into the oven around 250 to reaheat.
    It worked really well.[p]You can also use some, but not too much, apple juice instead of sauce if you feel it needs a little hydrating..... the pork will soak it right up.[p]Good Luck,
    John

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 75
    Thanks everyone for the info. I will freeze it in baggies, as we dont have a vacuum sealer. [p]