Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled avacado

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
edited 12:02PM in EggHead Forum
I forget who it was that posted about these. I'm pretty sure it was one of the Toms. Really good

P1010240.jpg

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I love avacados,how did you bo those? :whistle:
    ·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    I belive it was AZRP, Randy You may want to try my Rum and Fiber shots with all that cheese! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • PancakesPancakes Posts: 45
    Those look yummy, I hadn't thought about cheese. Last time I did them with a black bean and corn salsa topped with some diced tomatoes.

All I needed was a tortilla and thanks to you, some cheese and pow, goodness.
    ·
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    They look really yummy, do you have the recipe, temp and so forth? ;) Great job.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    pattikake,

Just the avacado with the pit and some of the flesh removed. Some coriander leaf/ cilantro, lime juice and salsa. Then some jack and cheddar on top.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Tim,

I eat enough chilis and hot sauce that I don't worry about that sort of thing. Quite the opposite actually, but we really shouldn't talk about it here :laugh: Beer is full of fibre. :woohoo:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Hoss,

I'm making burgers. Egg is at 400* with some mesquite. Just took out the seed and about the same amount of flesh. Grilled them flesh down for about four minutes and then rotated. Flipped and put in salsa, sweet onion, jalepeno flakes and coriander leaf. Sprinkled the cheese on and waited til it melted.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Steve....did you leave the bark??....indirect???......300's* dome??? Loved it.......
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    :woohoo: Gotta try that! :whistle:
    ·
    Beli,

I just explained it to Hoss. They were direct on a CI grill. I was thinking of rubbing the flesh side with olive oil but they didn't need it. That pizza stone that they are on is about 7". Wish I could get the ones you can. :(

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Hoss,

They really took the smoke.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Pancakes,

I think they would be good without the cheese too.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC07650a.jpg

DSC07642b.jpg

They are great, I suggested them to Tim before that Atlanta Sports Bar Throwdown thing. I just wish I could get them at a good price up here. They are still well over a buck apiece.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
    thirdeye,

Yes it was you. I'm sorry, middle age memory and all. They are terribly expensive in the north but so worth it. Your fire looks hot, what temp?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    It WAS Wayne that posted and he did suggest before
    Atlanta. I was having a "soon to be senior" moment..
    I guess I better up my fiber in my Rum Shots.. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Sorry Wayne.. :(
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
    Tim,

I can send ya some hot sauce if you want. Try a shot glass of Uncle Chen's in the morning. It's not cleansing..it is sterilisation :woohoo:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    My friend you could get them if you decided to come down here sometime.... :laugh: ...what's more......I supply the avocados......& you supply the meat... :P joke.....just get down here we will pick them from the trees...... :woohoo:
    ·
    I put that on my eggs almost evey morning. I does have a nice finish with some heat. LC and I lean more to habenernos for a little more sweet heat.. :woohoo: :woohoo:
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    It was just a flare-up because I was taking pictures. I generally cook them around 300°, and go for 3 or 4 minutes. For seasonings I really like garlic pepper and lemon juice but some chile powder, or Chili Con Limon, DP Swamp Venom with lemon pepper, or even Mike Mills Pixie dust is great. All that said, if you buy the nice imported balsamic vinegars, try that.....it's heaven.

Filling the cavity with pico de gallo is my favorite, the ones in the picture have a cucumber/dill yogurt sauce.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
    Thirdeye,

Thanks. I like the good balsamic idea. Will be doing them a lot.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Tim,

So what is the Metamucil for? :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    hahaha

looks good. reason i'm laughing is i saw the title "grilled avocados" and thought "hmmm. that sounds kinda healthy. let's have a look..."

and then i can't see the avocados for all the cheese!
    still, looks good, just different than what i thunk it'd be
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,608
    Thanks Steven, that looks real good!!!!

Ross
    ·