Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak Lobster and Peaches

Options
DHall
DHall Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for all the advice earlier on the Lobster. Like I said earlier I went by Fresh Market and picked up this....
IMG_4063.jpg

Strip for me and Filet for the bride and a lobster tail each.

Nice Marbling
IMG_4065.jpg

After the egg
IMG_4067.jpg

Dessert
IMG_4072.jpg
IMG_4075.jpg

Comments

• AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Great looking cook!!! The dessert looked awesome!!! :)
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Dem some big crayfish you got there.. :laugh:

Great looking cook..
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    D...Thanks for the post with your results! The cook looks great! :woohoo: Too often, we spend time giving assistance, and we never get to see the result. So, thanks for taking the time to post them! Again, nice job! ;)
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I'm contemplating doing some lobster soon, and it's nice to see a super surf-n-turf posted. Nice job!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Very nice!! Love peaches like that!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    Great looking Dinner, Peaches now thats a thought!

Ross
  • DHall
    DHall Posts: 180
    Options
    Wife has been wanting me to try grilling some peaches for a while and fresh market had some good ones and even listed a recipe for them. Their recipe called for putting chocolate and pistachios on the peaches after they were flipped once. I skipped that part and just made the sauce of 4 Tbs melted Butter, 2 Tbs Brown Sugar(i used splenda brown sugar) and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Tossed them in the mixture and them put em on face down for about 2 minutes then flipped and added a bit more sauce and let them cook another 2 minutes. Served with bluebell low fat frozen yogurt and drizzled the remainder of the sauce on top. Outstanding and will do this again. Wife added some fresh picked blueberries from our berry patch to hers. I will try this with Bananas next and maybe pears and pineapple as well.