Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best Butt & Ribs

vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
edited 11:48PM in EggHead Forum
I started my butt Friday night at 9:00PM and I took it off yesterday at 11:30AM....then I put the BluesHog/Carnivore peach baked beans on...when those came off I cooked 2 racks of ribs...when those came off I cooked bruchetta and the AZRP spicy shrimp....the large Egg ran for 22 hours without a refill of lump...lots of pics to follow...oh this was my best butt & ribs...

012-4-1.jpg

003-16-1.jpg

004-14-1.jpg

005-17-1.jpg

007-16-1.jpg

009-10-1.jpg

011-6-1.jpg

012-4-1.jpg

After 22 straight hours of cooking I still had enough lump left to keep on cooking...but I was beat...and hungry... :P :woohoo: :lol:
·

Comments

• what brand of lump did you use???
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    You did one heck of a job, nice work. I've had a 9 lb. butt go for 23 hours and till had some lump left. (lg. egg)

Our eggs are great.

Cheers,
    Bordello
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I use Royal Oak which I purchase from Restaurant Depot..it is also where I got the butt, ribs & shrimp.. :woohoo:
    ·
  • Smokin' TSmokin' T Posts: 259
    Great job Kim, I'll bet your lump was piled high to go that long. What brand of lump did you use? I've gotten 18.5 hrs out of cowboy, and still had enough to go a couple of more hrs. :P

Tom
    Dunedin,Fl
    ·
  • Royal Oak is available at all Wal-Marts I've been too. It's the cheapest and best for low and slow cooks. Coincidently roayl oak makes the BGE charcoal brand for them which is much more expensive. Give it a try if you have not already...
    ·
  • Wow, Kim, what a nice food fest you've had this weekend! I knew I should have left for GA when you told me to. Everything looks just delicious.

Say hi to Ginny.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Kim, I'd have to call that cook a marathon.....maybe even a triathelon! :lol: It all looked great. Maybe one day I'll get the hang of producing so much during one cook.
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    looks great kim!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·