Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burritos!

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Don't know exactly what the heck I am doin, but was at the grocery store trying to figure out what to cook. Not usually a good idea. You should figure it out before hand.[p]Anywho, I decided I would whip together some burritos (not exactly true mexican), with a big contribution from humpty junior. So I threw an orange pepper on junior while and blackened all sides, then stuck in a paper bag, and put humpty in idle mode for a little while. [p]I cut a small eggplant lengthwise, and brushed it with oil and some other goodies. Will grill till brown on flesh side, and flip for a few more minutes.[p]I have a piece of cheap top round steak marinating for 2 hours at room temp it olive oil, yoshidos, lemon juice, some all south rub, and telicherry pepper. Gonna sear it at 800 for 2 minutes a side, remove while rare, rest a few, and cut against the grain.[p]In a BGE seasoned cast iron pan, sautee onions, throw in the meat, maybe some more all south rub, tomatoes, and cut up grilled eggplant, and orange pepper. Cook just until meat is done.[p]Serve up with refried beans, grated cheese, and what not.[p]Kind of wingin' it. Not exactly authentic, but in theory seems like it might work.[p]Cheers...NB
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments