Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table plans question

FSUScotsman
FSUScotsman Posts: 754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've decided to at least look at the prospect of building my own table. I have a large and a small Egg. I want to put them both in the same table, I think. Looking at the "A" measurement on the plans that is the distance from the top of the lower shelf to the top of the table, it is 15" on the large table and 12" on the small. Does this mean that I only need a platform of 3" to have both of the Eggs be exactly the the same level, at the felt ring, above the top of the table?

Comments

• You could leave the lower shelf as one level and put in some extra fire bricks or a paver(s) to get the small to the level you like.

101_2902800x600-3.jpg
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Hi Ron:

I thought I had done the calculations correctly on my table until I tried to open the lid on my small - then the hinge touched the table. I quickly built a platform (slightly higher) and placed a tile on it. It works fine now.

DSC03133.jpg

The grills are not exactly the same height (very close) I couldn't much higher with the small as the 2 x 6 top horizontal would get in the way of the vent.

Michael
  • FSUScotsman
    What is the surface of your table? I assume yours is the short version?

BTW, congrats to your Tigers. They beat a very good Rice team this weekend.
  • FSUScotsman
    Your problem was what I was afraid of. Do you think you could have gone any closer to the outer edges with each of your Eggs, for more work space in the middle? Or is that just wishful thinking and I need another workspace?