Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGG FEST PEORIA

Options
Central IL Egger
Central IL Egger Posts: 260
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A rousing time was had by all. Lots of pics, and I'm sure more will follow. Can't wait till next year!

IMG_3030DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_3011DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_3016DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_3017DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_3020DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_3032DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_3022DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_3027DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_3026DesktopResolution.jpg

Comments

• ILL--EGGER
    ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    Options
    More pic's...different camera :laugh:.
    DSCN3046.jpg
    DSCN3047.jpg
    DSCN3048.jpg
    DSCN3049.jpg
    DSCN3050.jpg
    DSCN3051.jpg
    DSCN3052.jpg
    DSCN3053.jpg
    DSCN3054.jpg
  • jonnieAZ
    jonnieAZ Posts: 66
    Options
    what is the meat on the stick?
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    Marinated flank steak. The bowl of trail mix was something my brother (Central IL Egger) made from a recipe here on the egghead forum. It was fantastic and we will be makeing more of that for sure.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Looks as if a good time was had by all and fabulous weather as well. The food looks great and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and the food! :) Hopefully I'll make it next year.
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    Had a great time. Enjoyed the food and better yet conversation. I tried to get a pizza dough toss going so a challange for the DVD could happen. Joe a friend that went with me is putting together a plan for making a table then get an egg.
    Hope to cook next year.
    I will speak to a Indy dealer to see if we can get an eggfest statred here in Indy.
    Emil
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Options
    Thanks for posting the pics and getting the rest of us eggcited for our next fest. Glad you had a great time.

The Filly
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Looks like you all had fun.
  • KickapooBBQ
    Options
    Good looking food. Good looking kids. Had a great time!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Absolutely THE BEST of the 7 Peoria Eggfests YET hands down! Though we got a a touch of that 30% chance of rain there were several of us with EZ-Ups which got set up in a jiffy. There were 19 eggs cooking and man-o-man did the food roll off those eggs! Not sure of the total count in attendance, but it clearly was the largest ever since no registration is necessary to merely be an attendee. The furthest traveled was Jay and Kathy from FL. Then we had folks from CT, IN, and Chicago (yup that's another state to us downstaters!!!) and other wide points in IL. As for my first FLIP video for some reason You-Tube isn't taking it but maybe I'll figure it out later. In the meantime here's some more photos from today.

Before the rain started :

[IMIMG_0262.jpgG]

IMG_0260.jpg

then like mushrooms in the Spring...up popped the covers
    IMG_0264.jpg

Then it rained harder -BTW these folks are our local powerful Washington influence! Washington, IL that is!
    IMG_0265.jpg

Jay and Kathy from FL (SSN686 and EggHatter, right?) were a couple PRODUCERS with some tasty foods the whole day
    IMG_0274.jpg

Here's Joe aka KickapooBBQ at work
    IMG_0277.jpg

and yours truly thinking something heavy apparently! hehehe like which hand has a high temperature glove and which doesn't...
    IMG_0276.jpg

PS to all of you local egger friends - I really was counting on that FLIP to show your friendly faces!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    Great pic's and can't wait to see that video! Loved the eggfest today and had a great time meeting new eggheads as well as sharing food and laughs with folks I met at last years fest. Definitly bigger and better than last year and, just think, only 365 days until we get to do it again :laugh: !
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    that "has to be" the only plausible explanation that the new FLIP recorder guy (ME) was shaking! OTOH Pat often reminds me I have trouble walking and thinking at the same time! Just remember this medical tip that Dramamine is good for seasickness and new FLIP Video owners!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW9omCHV1Rc
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Central IL Egger
    Options
    Just a few more photos that didn't get posted the 1st go round...

IMG_3009DesktopResolution.jpg
    ABT's

IMG_3013DesktopResolution.jpg
    The Florida gang
    IMG_3019DesktopResolution.jpg
    RRP!
    IMG_3008DesktopResolution.jpg
    Mmmmmmm
    IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3029DesktopResolution.jpg
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    Not bad for your first try Ron. The video did the job in showing off the fest and the great people cooking and enjoying themselves. Thanks for posting!
  • Central IL Egger
    Options
    GREAT VIDEO RON, WE NEED TO HAVE A COUPLE MORE OF THOSE RUNNING NEXT YEAR!