Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest convincing?

Desert Filly
Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been told that I do a pretty good job at convincing one to attend Eggtoberfest. If there's anyone out there sitting on the fence....shoot me an email...and I'll help convince you.....TOO!!!!!

The Filly

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I booked my room Friday!!! :woohoo:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    LOL no need here... counting down the days :) our room is booked too :) now just convince the economy to go up so I do not feel guilt about going...
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    I am sitting on the fence, but it's the one behind the Mothership..
  • Desert Filly
    probably the one between the hotel and Target too????

ha
  • Desert Filly
    Economy WILL be better by then. It's gotta be. Plan on arriving early....SallyB and I will be planning our YA YA Sister lunch on Friday......
    Looking forward to meeting you.

The Filly
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    HAHAHAHA The Filly told a joke :D
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Well since the registration was full in 10 days last year and I am prediciting about 6 days this year I'd have to say if they need convincing there will be hundreds of other people to jump in and take their place.

Just a thought.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    count me in :) I would love to come and be a YA YA :) we are planning on getting there thursday and leaving sunday. Neil does not know this yet but he will do as told :angry: :evil: :whistle: LOL no not really, but he hates to plan to far ahead and likes to just wing it. some things you just can't LOL for me the big part is the planning and the destination is cool too. for him it is the destination. and you do one thing at a time.
  • Pancakes
    Pancakes Posts: 45
    Filly, I have had my LBGE for about two months now and loving it. My dad just bought one after hearing all the stories and hype so far. He's used to propane so it was a bold move for the old man.

Looking to do a little father son bonding at one of these. How does it work? Do the newb's bring an egg and cook while at eggtoberfest? Is it a camping event? What's the skinny?

Thanks.
    Pancakes.
  • Desert Filly
    Pancakes...I wouldn't exactly say the skinnies. LOL. Eggs are provided, you bring your cooking stuff....have to sign up in advance, as soon as registration opens...and don't think twice, as it will be a sold out event before you know it. If this is your first....I'd say take it easy, not cook (this year). Mingle, look for the familiar forum members, and taste, and learn. If you cook....you WILL NOT force yourself to get out there and make the rounds. This is an unbelievable event...not to miss. And BGE hospitality will blow your socks off. No holds barred. This will be our 5th Eggtoberfest....amongst about 25 fests total in the last 5 years. If you can get to one close to where you live....go check it out...support them. They all have their different little quirks, and usually only around 200-300 people..where as Eggtoberfest will have around 2000.....
    Get your hotel reservations now.
    Any other questions....????

P1010650Small-1.jpg
    this was 2007..a small group of us cooking as Team Alaska....(our bud AlaskanC wasn't able to make it) but we carried on.

P1020823Small.jpg
    this was last year..the first official Ya Ya Sister luncheon...we ate at Mathews Cafe...a special on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.

Convinced yet????

The Filly
  • Pancakes
    Pancakes Posts: 45
    Desert Filly, thanks for the advice. Good call on not cooking and taking it as a learning experience. Sounds fun and it shouldn't be too much of trip to Atlanta from North Carolina. I know pops and I definitely want to hit an eggfest now that we joined the big green grilling gun club. Perhaps we will make Eggtoberfest our first. Thanks for the advice again and I am proud to be a part of this community.
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Did you get an email from me? :)
  • Desert Filly
    since you are a "newbie", post a pic of yourself, and add some more detail...that way...we will know exactly who we're chatting with. Are you still in the Military?
    My home town is Salisbury NC...my folks are still there, and they meet us in Atlanta every October.
    Welcome aboard....

The filly
  • Desert Filly
    just responded.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    or do you just take on easy targets??

like max and his steak..... and this challenge?? i mean come on.....

i am beginning to think you are just taking on pushovers :whistle: :evil:

max!! :P

:silly: :lol:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Desert Filly
    I do lose Bente. I haven't won an BGE since OKC in 2008. Ha
    I consider myself a very lucky gal. I have the best extended family one could ask for. I just want to make sure you old guys aren't intimating these Newbies. I can take them under my wing, and bring them in properly.
    How's the little girl doing? She's gonna be 2 soon?
    See you around....tongue in cheek, this year???? ha
    P1020895.jpg

The Filly
  • Desert Filly
    I have my pretty great sous chefs by my side. The good Lord willing, I'll be there.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Looking forward to Denver. You will love my sister.
    I will keep my sous chefs a secret. :woohoo: :ohmy:

Mike
  • BENTE
    little one will celebrate 2yrs on eggtober 4th..

DSC_0020.jpg

here is the most recent one.. parker, leah, and Buckeyenuts mom!!

btw do you see how hard fidel is laughing? B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Desert Filly
    she is too cute. Enjoy the time. Our baby is 22 yrs this year. Just moved out, and I miss her.

the weeping filly