Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brats

Options
thegrillster
thegrillster Posts: 348
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
anyone have a different idea for brats

doin a family cookout tomorrow, about 20 folks

looking for a different idea other than just grillin brats

anyone ever smoke these things (there is an open door, ha)

thanks

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Beer brats are great for a party.
    Here are some pic's.

BGEBeerBrats0002.jpg
    BGEBeerBrats0004.jpg
  • Bluecrab3
    Bluecrab3 Posts: 328
    Options
    For me, with that many people coming, I would do the following:

I would grill the brats first right out of the package. After grilling, I would put them in a "Brat Tub" of Beer, Onions, and garlic. Keep them on a very light boil until you are ready to eat. They will be delicious and you won't feel like you are on the grill the entire time. Good luck!!!

Now, with that many family coming over, you may want to be on the grill the whole time!!!! :laugh:
  • Scar-B-Que
    Scar-B-Que Posts: 10
    Options
    My local BGE dealer told me to try smoking instead of traditional grilling of brats, Italian sausages,
    chirizio, etc. with a mild wood such as apple, cherry or a blend. Using a low and slow method at about 250ish for maybe 60 to to 90 minutes and being careful to not cook too long for fear of drying out. He said it gives a whole new meaning to brats/sausages. I have not actually cooked this yet but intend to very soon as I jsut found the cherry/apple/pear blend of chips.
  • Grill With Bill
    Options
    Check out this Brats in Beer mini cookbook. It might give you an idea or two. It's in pdf format.

Bill

http://www.grillingwithbeer.com/GWBsamplechapter.pdf