Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new table - done......

Options
SteveinTN
SteveinTN Posts: 232
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am very happy.
- plate setter in bin below the egg
- center doors have room for"egg stuff"
- left doors have LUMP

0e90d49d.jpg

side view

1c219de6.jpg

Comments

• rooster
    rooster Posts: 252
    Options
  • djg
    djg Posts: 19
    Options
    Way sweet. Did you find plans somewhere, or design it yourself?
  • SteveinTN
    Options
    THANKS
    self design - you could park a car on the unit.

- the grannite was a leftover from a project in our kitchen. that is where it all started.
    - the doors will either work out great or be a huge find. The Stainless doors are so very expensive. these aluminum and glass came from ikea. They were less than 40 dollars a door.
    - the wood is fireproof hardy board.
    - it was my first tile job....
    - i was lucky to have had an elec outlet on the wall i could just extend to the table.

My wife is very happy to reclaim a full cabinet in the kitchen.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Steve, that is nice, and something similar to what I need to build in the hut, you have given me some good ideas, thanks for posting this, Marc
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Looks great Steve,very nice work ;) Don't forget the three little egg feet though :whistle:
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Very nice. Great use of space and materials.

One suggestion though: use the BGE ceramic feet under your Egg. The feet allows for air circulation.

You did good.

Spring "Up Early To Tackle The Day" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    What are you going to do with your tables after you build the outdoor kitchen in the hut?
  • SteveinTN
    Options
    i have the feet. Maybe i was not placing them right. the egg seemed a little unstable. Do you think having the egg right on the concrete paver will damage the EGG?

it is nice having it so solid on the table.
    thanks steve
  • Woodbutcher
    Options
    It won't damage the egg but the heat will transfer through the paver to the table below. You don't want to ruin that beautiful table.
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    It shouldn't damage the egg,it's the wood underneath the stone that will burn :ohmy: When putting the feet under the egg,place one foot right below the hinge.This will help it be more stable while opening the dome :)
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    no but it will damage your table ,, the paver will conduct enough heat to char the wood..couple of eggers have posted pics of damaged tables and one of us actually measured temps.. feet are needed..
    i also believe it is the law that all egg tables must have a bottle opener attached in a prominent location B)
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Very nice work! :cheer:
    I like how your egg is displayed in full view.
    Have fun with your new table!
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Eggcellent. Nice work.
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    BTW:bill's right,you gotta have at least one bottle opener(it's the law!!!!!) :P

024-11.jpg

023-11.jpg
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Morning Frank...

You must have finally given yourself a day off. Or at least the morning.

Nice to see you posting again.

Spring "Nice Day To Be Off Your Rocker And On Your Feet" Chicken
  • SteveinTN
    Options
    yes
    you all are right. it is not done until the bottle opener is mounted. There is a crafts fair not far from my house today. I will see if anyone has anything fun.
    steve
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Now, that's the nicest table I've seen. Very well designed!
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Takin the whole weekend. :laugh: Eggin it up in Houma :woohoo:
  • Zippylip
    Options
    Hey Dale, howaya? I haven't really thought too much about it, because I think it'll be a while before that project gets underway, I was originally going to give the large table to my buddy Bill, the one I got set up with a large a couple weeks ago, but he ended up buying a nest because he has the egg on essentially a real narrow balcony type area, the table would've been too big... do you need one or more? I have the large table & the newer mini table. If I do get rid of one or both I would be more than happy to give them to you
    happy in the hut
  • Woody69
    Woody69 Posts: 360
    Options
    "Sparky" wrote:
    It shouldn't damage the egg,it's the wood underneath the stone that will burn :ohmy: When putting the feet under the egg,place one foot right below the hinge.This will help it be more stable while opening the dome :)

Correct !
    The feet are needed, and if you do as Sparky suggests, it will be stable. Otherwise, looks nice.
  • Woodbutcher
    Options
    Thanks Marc, I only have nests now and I would probably use it for my medium. I'd have to make some modifications but I already have some ideas. Let me know when you start building and I'll trade labor for the table(s).
  • Zippylip
    Options
    thanks Dale, but unless you're a brick layer, it aint gonna help :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , just kidding man, seriously, my plan includes a brick table with stone top, built in large, propane burner for liquids, & a nice open space to put mini. I just happen to know a guy that knows a guy who lives next door to a lady whose brother knows a real good brick guy, so I'm gonna go with him, but like I said, this could be a while. I will keep it in mind & definitely let you know when I pull the trigger
    happy in the hut
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    VERY, VERY nice looking table! clean looking space. and the plug in!!!! very smart. you will use that A LOT!!!