Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pizza Crust

KcLeafKcLeaf Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have used a receipe i got off the forum a couple of weeks ago , with the high gluten flour. It has turned out pretty good but not great. The crust is a little thick, and crunchy, almost over cooked, bottom, top not though. Using plate setter legs down then sometime grill sometimes not, then pizza stone. Dome starts at 500 but after a couple down to 400 or so. Platter and stone in long enough to pre heat. Times 10 15min.
bottom open, top daisy wheel on 1/2 opened.
i like a thinner softer crust. What is the purpose of the high gluten flour? Any comments on what i am missing. thanks Keith

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    If you like a thinner and softer crust you need to incorporate more oil into the dough.

Also, I would cook it a little hotter, maybe 550 or so to get more heat up high in the dome to help cook the top of the pie via radiant heat off the dome.
  • johannjohann Posts: 111
    The other day I did two spelt crusts that were thin and crunchy, at 550 or so(couldn't get egg hotter) and they turned out pretty good. Did 1 gf pizza, and that thing burnt in 5 minutes.

The Spelt crusts took 5-10 minutes though.

I know I know, premade crusts :-( . Was the safest way to get the gf crust though. Anyways try a premade spelt crust might be the texture you want.