Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

metal tables

mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ya know, I'm really tired of buying tables. First I get the nests and think these are fine. Then I want somewhere to put stuff and get the big table for 2. Then the tornado tosses it into a tree and smashes it to bits so I get another. Then decide I hate the thing and get rid of that. Now I have a converted picnic table cut out and painted hideous pink. I hate it. It hates me. Blech. About to put down some patio stones and increase the area and that pink thing (thang) has to go. But now what. Has anyone used those metal tables I saw at ONE of the fests...now where was that?

Anyway...feeling disgruntled.

mShark

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Pork Butt Mike and a few others have taken those metal shelves and modified them. Think Ross in Venture has one also.
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Little Steven's working on a huge stainless steel table.

Michael
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    They had some nice tables at Waldorf. I think the Amish folk were selling them. They were not stainless but looked good. I think Vidalia1 & Green Bay packers fan know about the material they are made of. Can we see a picture of the pink picnic table??
  • mollyshark
    I'll get motivated in the morning and take one. It's beyond hideousness. I inherited it when a former egghead abandoned his wife, sold me his large, mini, and the table for $500 bucks and headed for the coast to meet up with his old college lover. This would be an interesting story for a 35 year old man, but this one happened to be mid-60s. Hope he's happy! Ahem. The table wasn't pink then, it was blue. Robin's egg. So my great-niece's s-t-b-husband, waiting to ship out to Iraq, did some handyman work around here. One of his parting gestures was to paint the table and the stepping stones in the tomato patch pink to match the sewing house. Problem is sewing house isn't pink. Trying to find the bright spot in this, I realized it DID match the flamingos I received some years ago at Floridafest which are stationed in my palm tree. But as the palm tree with its resident flamingos are encroaching, I need to move some stuff around. Today we transplated the tomato plants that are in the proposed new egg region. This is no small feat because the boyfriend of my niece (different) planted 58 tomato plants off my back patio. Original instructions were 8 tomato plants and fill in with flowers, but he misunderstood (Golden Girl or Better Boy, anyone?). Fortunately, blight and a tomato hornworm (from Dune given its size) have done in some of them, daschunds some others, but still. There are 100 small patio stones in the back of the Honda Element which is sitting lower to the ground than usual, but I need a plan of what these eggs go back into once they are repositioned.

And that is where all this started. I think I'll maybe have a little merlot or poison or something.

mShark
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    No way you could possibly make that story up! Too funny!!! Can't wait to see pics... :)
  • ;) Paint a pig face on it and send to Pork Butt Mike :evil:
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Here is mine, it's a 2x4 kitchen cart that you can get on the internet
    DSC_0020-6.jpg
    DSC_0008-14.jpg
    It works

Ross
  • swamprb
    swamprb Posts: 97
  • DryFly
    DryFly Posts: 351
    Textbook stream of consciousness! Phew!
  • mollyshark
    Find me a link, wouldja? I found some at the Container Store here and would like to see some alternatives!

mshark
  • swamprb
    swamprb Posts: 97
    Mine was a craigslist find. I got some of the hooks, hangers and rails from Storables.