Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Built-in Egg?

edited 9:46AM in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever gone "nestless" and just built-in their Egg? We just bought ours yesterday and I bought it without the nest since my husband is building a patio cooking area for us. Is it possible to do this? Thanks!

Comments

• Black Boog,
    Try this link. Also, check out nakedwhiz.com for recipes and other suggestions. Also checkout www.tm52.com for answers to the rest of your questions. This is a great forum to discuss recipes, tricks, successes and failures. Welcome to the club.[p]SS

[ul][li]BBQ Tables [/ul]
  • Still Smokin' and Smokin' Todd,
    Great info/great pics!!! Will be quickly an addict of this forum in no time.
    Boog's wife

• nikkignikkig Posts: 514
    Black Boog,
    We went nestless and bricked ours in. Here is a link to the construction.[p]~nikki

[ul][li]Our Egg[/ul]
  • nikkig, do you have two? It looks like you're set up for a large BGE and something smaller. Nice set-up, in any event. Thanks for sharing.

Bill-the-Grill,
    Yes we do have two. The large is built in and the small resides happily in a nest. I wish we did have the room for it in the table...but we don't.[p]~nikki

• nikkig, now I'm all confused. It looks to me like your brick structure will accommodate two (2) Eggs....a large and a small. Where does the "nest" fit in? What am I missing? Thx.

BrickFinal.jpg
    <p />Bill-the-Grill,
    It will only accomadate the large. The small just sits in the nest on the patio. I suppose if we wanted to re-do the top, and give up our storage, we can put the small in there. But the small came along too late to be incorporated.[p]~nikki

• nikkig, now I see it. Initially, I thought the large would go on the left and the small would go on the right. Now I realize that @#$% Jack Daniels was interfering with my perceptory skills. SOB.

Bill-the-Grill,
    Come back after Jack has left and you will probably see alot of things you missed :-)
    Glad you finally got it, cause I don't think I could have explained it any more...heeeee![p]~nikki