Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

mini plate setters

MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
edited 10:14AM in EggHead Forum
UPS just left a big box and when I opened it there were 3 mini plate setters :)
mnipltstr951.jpg
http://www.continentalclay.com/detail.php?PID=913&cat_id=413&sub_categoryID=167
·

Comments

• aaindaaind Posts: 235
    Got to have one ,looks neat
    Dave
    ·
  • Don MarcoDon Marco Posts: 287
    Wow, looks perfect. How does it fit inside the mini ?

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Very nice, but was 3 a mistake or??? :unsure:

Let us know how it works out.

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    LOL it will be awhile till I find out. our son stole our mini last fall...so he will "steal" on of these I am sure. and then try to call it a baby present I bet LOL "they" are due July 9th and the other mini is in FL the 3rd setter is for my folks, they are getting a mini at the NH egg fest. but a few on here have them, that is where I got the info for it :)
    ·
  • mint-tulipmint-tulip Posts: 171
    Take a pic with the PS sitting in the mini. May have to get one or 3.
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    Wonder why the whole in the middle?
    ·
    Hey Ginny :) I do not have any minis right now. LOL I know. but see my post above :)someone on here does though... I just searched through the old posts trying to find who gave me the info but can't find it??? maybe they will see this and post.
    ·
    Hey Barry, it is from a kiln company and not a big green egg product. we have been trying to find something till they make one. it is just not cost effective for them I am sure as it is not the biggest selling egg and to develop and produce it would make them very $$. so we will use this till then :)
    ·
  • Dave ShadyDave Shady Posts: 247
    please share link!
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    link is right under the picture, i think.

they are for firing ceramic plates (hence "plate setter")
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,861
    Nice fine. Bought a larger one for my small a few years back and from the description sounded like it would fit, but alas I had to do some leg removal with a wet tile saw. regarding the center hole, I bought some fired discs from the pottery supple store and JB welded them in. works great however I have to use pieces of firebrick as the legs were cut off so it would fit my small.

http://www.axner.com/axner/equipment/kilnfurniture.php
    ·
    I am pretty sure these will fit. at least the original poster of them said they would. we will alter if we have to. thanks Richard
    ·
  • GolfnutGolfnut Posts: 135
    I bought one of those to because someone posted on this sight that they had one and it fit the mini. I got mine a couple days ago and didn't fit and you will have a hard time making it fit cause it's not round and an odd shape.
    ·
  • BobinFlaBobinFla Posts: 361
    A while back, J Appledog posted this same link on another forum, saying that it looked like it would fit. (yes, believe it or not, other forums DO exist!)

I ordered one, and it is TOO BIG for the Mini, unless the new plate setters sizes have been tweeked a little. I'm thinking about altering, but 'til then, it DOESN'T fit.

BOB
    ·
    Look at my post below for my experience with a small a few years back. It works just took some modification.
    ·
    LOL oh hooo..... well I do not have a mini here so it will be awhile till I get it in there. guess I will learn how to cut ceramics. wait a minute... my son that stole the mini is a tile setter. LOL I think I might have a couple of mini jobs for him :)
    ·
    Here are a few bad pics on how I solved the plate setter problem on my small a few years back.

Cut the legs off to fit inner diameter of small.

100_2235.jpg

Took a full size ceramic fire brick and cut into thirds and placed where legs used to be.

100_2236.jpg

grid on top. There is room for a small drip pan also. if needed.
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Any chance you could measure the widest part?
    ·