Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Egg Q vs. Restaurant Q

Still Smokin'Still Smokin' Posts: 76
edited 9:33PM in EggHead Forum
Do you think you can get the best ribs or pulled pork at a bbq joint or off the egg? I have not been impressed with any bbq I have had out in the last 2 years, since doing my own q'n.

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Still Smokin':[p]Your results are the finding of many that master the art of low and slow butts and ribs at home. All of the chain restaurants I have been to have mediocre "Q" at best. We (folks cooking at home) take more time with our cooks. You just cannot afford to do that in a volume based setting and get the results we are accustomed to. Every once in a while I come across a small "joint" that does take the time and the taste of their food tells it all.
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
    still smokin',[p]the colonel can do "pulled" much better than any bbq joint-
    get him to tell you about his "oklahoma fireball"[p]mr toad

In dog Beers - I have had only one !
  • Mr. Toad, awwww shucks. I think you made me blush.
    yours in the egg--the colonel

• The Colonel,
    What's the Oklahoma Fireball?

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    Still Smokin',[p]Steak ain't 'Q, but I will say my wife would rather eat steak off the Egg than at any high dollar restaurant around here.[p]TRex (and that's not patting me on the back as much as it is patting the ole Green Guy)
  • JSlotJSlot Posts: 1,218
    Is that what he is calling Dee these days, Mr. T? :)
  • jslot,[p]ohhh!! don't go there[p]