Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peoria Eggfest How many are cooking?

Options
emilluca
emilluca Posts: 673
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wife and I are going to try and make the drive to Peoria and am wondering how many are going to be cooking?
Any good time to get there? Early morning or afternoon better?
Emil

Comments

• Rooster K
    Rooster K Posts: 416
    Options
    I'm cooking! :woohoo: My first eggfest. I plan on starting with some rolls in the morning and migrate to lunch offerings as the day progresses. I hope there are quite a few cooks because I think I have invited half the city of Peoria. :blink:
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Emil:

We will be cooking most of the day. The plan at the moment is to start with a couple of Sausage/Cheese Bread rolls, have some Pig Candy, some tortilla pizzas and then afternoon have a couple of EggHatter's Chocolate-Nut Dream rolls. Look forward to seeing you Saturday!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• ILL--EGGER
    ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    Options
    My brother (central ill egger) and I each have a grill to cook on and plan on being there bright and early on Sat. morning. It starts at 8:00 A.M. and i'm sure the food will start shortly after that ;) . Here are a couple pic's from last years fest:
    DSCN2484.jpg
    DSCN2500.jpg
  • Rooster K
    Rooster K Posts: 416
    Options
    Let's hope the rain stays away this year. B)
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Jay, no shrimp burgers? -RP
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Randy:

No shrimpburgers...I'm not sure those land-locked Midwesterner's would appreciate them. :whistle: :huh: :laugh:

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• ILL--EGGER
    ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    Options
    Where's the Beef?! :laugh:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    As of last Saturday they had already pre-sold 10 eggs and to get the sale price they have to be used that day. You could register for a time slot or whatever. I know with what all I'm planning to egg I reserved one for all day. The event runs from 8 to 3, but to be realistic if you're just coming for the food the bulk will probably be from 10:00 to say 1:30, but there will be food rolling off all the time so you may want to pace yourself! In the initial years it only ran from 10 to 1, but several of us arrived at 8 anyway and shared breakfast items, baked goods and perhaps a lie or two!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lab Rat
    Lab Rat Posts: 147
    Options
    You guys are killing me!

I am really going to miss being there this year. My wife and I have a wedding to attend in Southern Illinois and my cooking partner has a family function in Chicago-area.

Have a great time and only believe most of what Ron says!

John
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    Hardly contain ourselves. Hope to leave Indy by 6 AM EST and get there in 3 1/2 hours.
    See weveryone there.
    10-4 on the rain it sure has been a wet spring.
    Emil
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    IMG_2378.jpg
    Trust me John, you and Serg will be sorely missed! For the record Serg is in the middle with a wide hat and the white line through him and John (Lab Rat) was in blue on the right bent over perfecting yet ANOTHER delight. Maybe next year? I HOPE you two will be back!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.