Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first ABT cook on the mini

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
abtmini.jpg
<p />Boy oh boy was this fun.[p]Especially seeding those peppers. [p]Next time surgeons mask, goggles, heavy duty welders gloves, fire extinguisher and Tums.[p]I have seeded many a pepper in my time but these suckers were nutty hot. [p]Anywho, I learned that just because you load the mini up doesn't mean you can turn them. I had two chickens on my large and half the ABT's went there.[p]The rings really controlled the entire cook. I had never used them before, since the mini is new to me, and I don't really have any other way to control the temp.[p]I learned a couple of things. First, I had burned the tooth picks down to the peppers on a couple of them and accidentally bit into them. Not happy. Maybe I should soak the picks first. Not really sure. Second, I need to make more beacuase these guys went fast. Really tasty and quite hot even though I seeded them.[p]Now I know what the rave is all about.[p]Ingredients?[p]Cream cheese
Chopped Wala Wala onions
Adobo seasoning
Parmasean cheese
Peppers
Bacon[p]I thought the bacon was enough meat so I didn't put anything inside besides the mixture.[p]I think I need one of those containers with the holes in it to cook these.[p]All and all the end result is all that matters. Yummy!!!!![p]I may do these again tonight.[p]Have a good day.[p]Mick

Comments

• ColoradoCook
    ColoradoCook Posts: 152
    Options
    MickeyTm,[p]I love those things. I cook mine for an hour at 350 to bleed off most of the heat, Jalas and my GI track don't get along, so the longer I cook them the more I can eat.[p]Here's the site to the company that makes the chile grill: http://www.chilegrill.com. [p]Enjoy,[p]CC

• Unknown
    Options
    MickeyTm,
    I agree on the precautions - though you missed one...either wear rubber gloves or pee before you start! Seeing I'm really hung up on having ABTs around a lot I've found that using a serated edged grapefruit spoon makes quick work of digging out the inside membrane pieces which also carry the punch. ^oo^~

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    kat,
    I'm tempted to say "Wimps" but for the first time I got some juice under my ring and it burned like the dickens for a couple of hours. I will pay more attention to latex gloves when I go to the store.[p]Spring (hot fingers) Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Yeah, I thought I was tough too. I don't remember what type of chiles I was working with, habeñero I think, and thought I had my hands thoroughly rinsed afterwards. The next day, when I was putting my soft contacts in, I found out I hadn't got ALL the oil off before removing my contacts the night before. Talk about making one's eyes tear up!
  • Love Handles
    Love Handles Posts: 253
    Options
    MickeyTm,
    To make them in a little different way, check Colorado Cooks reply and look into a chile grille. I have a small chile grille and a large for big parties. The jalapenos stand up with the bacon on the top instead of the sides. I cook them about an hour also and they turn out pretty mellow See-Yaa