Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers

Iowa State Egger
Iowa State Egger Posts: 337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a family member that gets a kick out of reading my posts. The good news is that last time he game to visit, he gave us a gift of meat from a local meat locker. Up until this point, most of my meat has come from our local grocery store of from Sams. However, you can really tell the diffence.

Package of Meat

RawPackage.jpg

Seasoned with DP Shaking the Trees and Pepper

RawSeasoned.jpg

Pounded into Burgers

RawBurgers.jpg

Threw them on the Grill

JustOnGrill.jpg

Little Guy caught a fish in the mean time (thanks to my neighbor, I am not much of a fisherman.

BenFish.jpg

Flipped

FlippedonGrill.jpg

Cheese On

CheeseOn.jpg

Finished

Finished.jpg

Good

HalfGone.jpg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    those burgers look great!!!

sooooo how did you cook that fish :)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Decided to throw him back - the little guy isn't quite ready to clean a fish yet!
  • deltadawn
    deltadawn Posts: 94
    Just wondering what lake you hang out at in Iowa??? Our old stompen ground was Clear Lake, Iowa. We loved the place, but we've been in Wisconsin 36 years now.
  • We are at Twin Lakes - which is about 20 miles West of Fort Dodge. One of my offices is in Mason city, so I know about Clear Lake... nice place.
  • deltadawn
    deltadawn Posts: 94
    My parents live between Humboldt and Fort Dodge. So we know the area, haven't been to Twin Lakes though. Looks like a great lake. Also, have a SIL in Des Moines--school teacher. Up here we boat on the Fox River and Lake Winnebago. Have a great summer at the lake! Don't you just love the egg!
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Those are some great looking burgers. I've just recently mastered the one flip on burgers and done. I really didnt know what I was missing on my burgers until I tried that. I usually move those things all over on the grid and sometimes mashed them :ohmy: :ermm: Now that I only flip once those things are awesome. Some people thinks I'm silly for saying that but I really think you do better with the one flip rule. They hold alot more juices.