Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How many time is your EGG used during the week ?

EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The way I see it there are beef, pork, chicken, lamb, fish, and seafood. Oops I forgot pizza, veggies and dessert. So what else do you all cook on the egg ?
·

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Casseroles,stews,chili,If needs cookin,you can do it on an EGG! ;) I use mine 3-5 times a week.
    ·
  • FajingFajing Posts: 34
    I'm a newbie, doing twice a week or so.
    ·
  • Panhandle SmokerPanhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    What else can you cook in the kitchen? :)
    ·
  • FajingFajing Posts: 34
    I have a really nice kitchen and some kick ass pots and pans. All-Clad. Great stuff, like the BGE is great stuff.

Moderation in everything, and all of that. B)
    ·
  • 2-3 times a week is probably a fair average for me.

Don't forget your appetizers.
    ·
  • Rhubarb pie!! ... also tried live crab last weekend, came out GREAT! ... Our large and small combine to work 4 or 5 times a week ... almost certain that both are burning together on the weekends.
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    5-6 times. it is my stove and oven and grill :)
    ·
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    Three to five times a week all year long.
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Every day...Except for a couple taco nights a month.

The only thing I have decided not to cook on the Egg is Crappie.
    ·
  • At least five or six nights a week, most weeks. The only thing I don't do on it is fry. (That's a baaad idea)
    ·
  • mo eggmo egg Posts: 133
    at least 5 times a week. so for this week sun, mon, tues, wed. and today fri. going to cook a cake this afternoon and sat. plan on cooking chicken wings and sun. maybe a meatloaf. have fun
    ·
  • mo eggmo egg Posts: 133
    forgot to mention i cook on it all year long. winter and summer. i live in the midwest.
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I have 3 eggs and 1 of them gets used at least 4 x's a week but more often 5 or 6 times a week. Beside the normal dinner type items I have baked bread, cookies & cheesestraws...pretty much anything except ice cream....
    ·
  • Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    The week is not over yet, so I am not sure. :side: So far, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday. I can't remember why not Tuesday. :whistle: ;)
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    MMMMM Could go for some crappie. -RP
    ·
  • mint-tulipmint-tulip Posts: 171
    Looking at the responses I would say it might be easier to count how many days that it isn't used. :cheer:
    ·
  • I have used mine everyday except for the days that I dont use it. Made Alton Browns Gyros last night. Was fantastic.
    ·
  • Rhubarb Pie on the Egg?!?!??

Would you share the recipe?
    ·
  • Fire WalkerFire Walker Posts: 233
    5 to 7 times a week all year
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,454
    typically 4 suppers and 1 or 2 lunches per week - though I have had times when I egg every night for 10 days straight and 5 to 6 are not unusual!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • No taco nights on your egg??????

Toss some marinated flank steak on there .... only tacos you'll ever need!!
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,947
    GTIPROD,

Stews and rice dishes, cioppino, chilis, soups, lots of ethnic stuff, game and snacks/appetisers.

Probably average about 4.5 but that is in a real cold climate. Hoping to do more in the future.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    A lite week would be 3 times a week. Most of the time 6 days a week.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Not fair, you have help on your Eggs. Although my little guys heard about the little Katlyn chef in Eggland, now they want some. Wierd :huh: now they help with bratts and fun dogs for the kids. They also help in Thermopen operation, lugging lump and dumping the ash bucket. Eggheads in training for sure.
    ·
  • LotharLothar Posts: 30
    Had my large egg for 1 week (today). So far I've used it every day and cooked beef (steaks, burgers & fajitas), chicken (boneless/skinless breasts & spatchcock), and porkchops. We aren't fish eaters at all, unfortunately. I have several items that I want to try (brisket, ribs, pulled pork) but I'm sure the newness will wear off within the next few weeks.
    ·
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Thank you for the ideas. I get tired of doing the same thing over and over again.
    ·