Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please list....

Comments

• crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Born, raised, living in the suburbs of Boston Ma.

CRG are my inititials.

HC is Holy Cross
    98 the year I graduated.

Got an egg over a year ago now. Knew there was better food than what was coming off my gas grill, was going to do the Weber thing, started doing some research, found the forum, and.... :woohoo:
  • You just know literary genius when you see it.
  • Box Springs GA.

I live in the 'Piney Woods' of Georgia and brew my own beer. "PineyWoodsBrewer"
  • jonnieAZ
    jonnieAZ Posts: 66
    jon...Chandler AZ..XL since november 2008...MED since April 2009
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Huntsville, Alabama - cool.

I worked for Intergraph in Canada from about 86-92.

Michael
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Michael O'Shea, born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I now live in Mississauga, Ontario with my wife (20 years) and 4 children (2 girls, 2 boys)

I'm a sales rep in the rentals division of an audio visual company. We have offices in every major city in Canada and quite a few cities in the US.

Handle:

RGBHV (red, green, blue, horizontal vertical)

I know - how original.

I bought a large last summer and just purchased a small a few weeks ago.

Michael
  • 12 years eggin, Born in New York live in Oklahoma now...I collect Old Antique Fishing Lures thats where my handle comes from.
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    We love Huntsville. Very nice town!
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    My name's Doug,and I'm an alco.......wait wrong place :whistle: :woohoo: :laugh: I'm from New Jersey :pinch: but have lived here in Cumming GA since 84'.I got my fisrt egg(medium)on Fathers Day 04'.My second egg(small)came the next Christmas :woohoo:Two more eggs(and a chiminea)later,I think I'm hooked :ohmy: .Sparky comes from the line of work that I'm in(electrician),and my little Canadian buddy Steve,talked me into changing my handle from doug-123 to "Sparky" :P
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Molly,

Great place to live!

My daughter lived in Boulder for 2 years (earning her PhD) before getting married and moving to Seattle. Loved it when I got a chance to visit her. Came to C. Sprgs a couple of times.

LOTS of cyclists and places to cycle out there. :woohoo: :woohoo:

We have to fight with the rednecks (in their trucks) to get a piece of the road here. :( :angry:
  • Double Bogey
    Double Bogey Posts: 635
    Ray,
    All I can do is try. They just don't seem to go as far as they used to--or as straight either.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Born in Minneapolis, MN been in Gwinnett County (just north of Atlanta) since 1977, I was six when we moved here. Have owned a large for about 5 months...love it. Almost there on a small.

Name is Chris in Gwinnett because, well my name is Chris and I live in Gwinnett County, Georgia. I love this forum and I love the people on here. Will be attending the Eggtober fest this year. Us Gwinnetians and northern suburbanites should get together for lunch or something.

Best regards,

Chris
  • sassy-q
    sassy-q Posts: 16
    Live in Beaumont, Texas; got my first BGE 3 years ago. Coworkers nicknamed me because I was always eating special K cereal to lose weight; and they were always asking me "did your mama tell you that you are special?"
  • ray356
    ray356 Posts: 26
    Born, raised and still living in San Diego, CA - when in paradise it is hard to leave. Got a LBGE exactly 1 week ago. Ray356 is combination of my name and another passion of mine – Porsche 356’s
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Raised in Mississippi, where I currently live - Madison (quite suburb near the Capitol, Jackson).

Lived in Galveston, Tx for 2 years (LONG time ago)

Handle is the lazy way that many here say Mississippi (it's so hot here in the summers, we don't waste any more energy than necessary, so cut out a syllable wherever we can - like ya'll). :)

Got my large Egg on a Father's Day special in 2006 after we moved to a small house, leaving the gasser behind. I have converted many to the Egg since!

Joined the Forum this winter and love to get ideas & advice, as well as contribute.

Have not been able to make it to a Fest yet, but it is high on the "Gotta Do" list!

Small egg in the near future !!! :whistle:
  • AZ Traveler
    AZ Traveler Posts: 664
    RP, I'm glad she chose that name. We are in the process of moving to Flagstaff. Will send you an e-mail later.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Raised in New England (Massachusetts). Been in Florida for 19 years, now. Been eating egged food since I met Tim, and been Egging myself officially for about two years now. (Believe it or not, we rarely used the Egg until we both got onboard!) :laugh: Now...5 nights a week on average, rain or shine. ;)

My name....I am not exactly large in stature, and I am a Chef....so, Little Chef. ;)
  • maXim
    maXim Posts: 468
    My name is Maxime Pruneau and yes I'm a french canadian. Born in Jonquiere QC, moved around a bit when I was younger, Kingston ON, Beaconsfield QC and now reside in Saint-Constant. My handle is quite simple its how my name is pronounced. I purchased my first egg (large) 3 weeks ago. Never was a "forum" kinda of guy until I ended up here. Now I spend most of my time reading and picking up some helpful tips from everybody here! :lol:
  • iBeeSmok'n
    iBeeSmok'n Posts: 270
    I live in Delaware Ontario Canada land of the snow.

I enjoyed snowmobiling in the winter and the make I always purchased had a killer bee as their main emblem and I love to cook and smoke on my eggs hence my handle iBeesmok'n.

I purchased my first large egg two years ago at Eggtoberfest in Atlanta and she was really lonely so last year I had no choice but to bring another large home.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Gary,

It says you are from the US on your profile.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SWOkla-Jerry
    SWOkla-Jerry Posts: 640
    My name is Jerry and I was born and raised in Lawton, Ok.(SWOkla). My 1st egg(XL) purchased in Aug '07, added a LG in June '08. Love grilling and smokin 2-3 nights a week. Mostly lurk here but have learned alot. Have been to 2 Okla Egg fests and hope to travel to some more as I get closer to retirement age and the 4 childred we have in school here leaves the nest.
  • From Western Pennsylvani...I like to scuba dive and skydive, hence "scubaskydiver"
  • BuffaloChip
    BuffaloChip Posts: 106
    Born and raised in a small (pop 550) Missouri town
    Joined the Navy in 1969 instead of being drafted into the Army w/ an all expense paid vacation in Viet Nam.

Spent 8 years in nuclear submarines Henry Clay SSB(N) 625 out of Agana, Guam

Lived in the following places more than 6 months
    New Haven, MO
    Idaho Falls, ID
    San Diego, CA
    Pearl Harbor, HI
    Kittery, ME
    Lusby, MD
    Marthasville, MO

While in the Navy stationed in the following for less than 6 months

Newport, RI
    Great Lakes, IL
    Groton, CT
    Charleston, SC

Have lived in Hollywood, Md for the past 30 years working at a nuclear power plant as a Quality Assurance auditor.

Bought a LBGE in Nov 2008 after looking and failing to buy a BGE for about 7 years until I met WessB on another forum. Then got a small at the Waldorf Eggfest this May.

Fascinated by buffalo on a vacation as a kid 'out west'. Talked to an old Indian who told be about burning buffalo chips for heat and cooking.

--Dave
  • iBeeSmok'n
    iBeeSmok'n Posts: 270
    Hmmm that is strange. I just went in to edit and it says Delaware, Ont. Canada
  • Ashman
    Ashman Posts: 375
    The wife took one look at me while I was cleaning out my egg, and she said "you are covered in ash". Well, alcohol being what it is, I came up with the name "Ashman". Currently I have one XL that I have owned for 1 year 6 months 23 days and 4 hours and 22 minutes. I live in Jacksonville, Fl and my favorite color is blue.

Gordon Metz
    Jacksonville, Fl

PS: I am not very good at sharing. :unsure:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Gary,

Click on your handle.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Bobby.

Beli is just the way all my friends call me, my name is Belisario.
    I have been egging for one year and have got a couple of eggs at the moment and will get a new one anytime soon.
    Born and raised in Monterrey, México I live in Santiago, at the foot of the Sierra Madre, about twenty miles south of Monterrey. Have a wonderful wife & daughter.
    I am Proud to be the first egger from México on this forum,and in my short time here I have met some marvelous & close AMIGOS (friends), and know that will meet many new ones as we go on.
  • 2bossy!
    2bossy! Posts: 48
    1st Large, 5 yrs (lazydog's)
    2nd Large, 4 yrs (2bossy's)
    Mini, 3yrs ago (WON at the FL "EGGfest" by lazydog!
    Small, FINALLY about a 2 months ago, we got it new at the Florida EGGfest this year!!

"LAZYDOG" patience ran out and he got tired of me telling him how to "work" "HIS" EGG - called me "2Bossy!" and bought me my own!!!

I've loved every minute of my EGGin time!

Love,
    Missy
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Actually, I doubt it, lol!
    The Naked Whiz
  • danny285
    danny285 Posts: 360
    Because my name is Danny, I am a trucker and think handles are dumb.