Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please list....

Comments

• ric3677
    ric3677 Posts: 278
    I am from and live in Mt. the handle is quite simply my name. I got my egg almost eggactly a year ago and the small 4 months after that. There may be a mini in the future...too dimm to see.

Rick in Mt.
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Let's see....I won the Large at Eggtoberfest in 2007...I think, could've been 2006. Anyways...then I was known as Mrs. AZRP. After cooking at our first fest, Mad Maxx, decided I needed my own identity. So, the following summer, he and Lawn Ranger, had a contest for people to submit different handles. I listed all my interests.....horses, female, live in the desert. Sooo....Desert Filly won out.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    I was born and now live in Maine. Was a nomad too growing up :) Dad was a civil engineer for Lane Construction so every 3-4 years. NY, VA, PA met Neil in Pa and married. got to move home to Maine in 87. started egging about 5-6 years ago. We have 7 eggs now 3 in FL at our winter home and 3 in Maine at our northern home and 1 at work. Oh yea and I am a hooker, LOL rug hooker that is :evil:
  • PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Born and raised in Monterrey, Mexico, except for two years that I lived in Ireland during my childhood.

Pwise= Pato (Short for Patricio) Wise

Got my XL BGE Dec29th 2008... gonna get another XL soon...

Cheers!
  • St. Augustine, Fl. Had an egg for about a week. Nicknamed Mother Hubbard by a co-worker because I guarded the company's cubbard.
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    I've had my Egg for 3 years. I live in Ventura, Ca.

Ross
  • Lazydogsaloon
    Lazydogsaloon Posts: 213
    Laydogsalaoon came for a shirt a friend got my out west that said Salazar's Lazydog Saloon.

1st Large, 6 or 7 years
    2nd Large, 5 or 6 years
    Mini, 4 or 5 years
    Small, about a 3 months, we got it new at the Florida Fest this year.

Luke Lazydog B) Salazar
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Cookn, self explanitory. Biker, partake in both, mostly cycling.
    Born and raised in the shadow of Pikes Peak, located in Colorado Springs. Still here.
    Medium 3 years, large 1 year.
    Kitchen manager.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Tampa Fl. About 3 years on the Egg. I put no thought in my name because I thought this would be like anyother forum and not post for long. I know wish I had a better handle with meaning.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Hoss 1 large ,been eggin 1.5 years,Handle is an old high school nickname.From Xtreme North Mississippi,a little hamlet named Hernando. :)
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    I am the original,(google me) and am officialy recognized as, Bubba Tim. (Hero of small cats and defender of undersized lobsters) I have been paying homage to the smoke and fire gods of BBQ, for the last 40 years. Married to Little Chef. Owned my first BGE since June of 96. Currently forced to live in Hollywood, Fl and South Florida. A friend of mine named me Bubba Tim when he saw all the BBQ smokers, grills, and fire pits among some boats that I was repairing in my 2 acre backyard. :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :whistle:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    I purchased my first egg, an XL, a little over 2 years ago. Then I realized that 2 temps would be nice so I bought a medium 6 months later. The mini came home from Waldorf in 2008. I was born and raised in Lancaster, PA. I tend to make a lot of sawdust in my basement workshop hence the Woodbutcher handle.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Mickey (No imagination) Rawls
    Born in Germany - Army Brat
    3 times to Germany - 4 times to Fort Hood
    Stayed in Killeen area. With the Toyota store for the past 40 years.
    Got my small with airline points in 2007 and my large a few weeks ago at Texas Fest.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    RRP is simply my initials.

Born in Iowa, grew up in Missouri, have lived in Illinois for 43 years now.

Retired

Been an egger for 9 years now and have a L, M, S, and mini
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Bootleg
    Bootleg Posts: 49
    I live in Evans, GA and have been an EGGhead for three years now. I started with an XL and just recently sold her and replaced her with a Large, Medium and Mini.

While researching my lineage I learned that I come from a long line of Moonshiners/Bootleggers. So I thought Bootleg or Bootleg BBQ was an appropriate handle.

Bootleg
    Evans, GA
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Little Steven is a combination of of factors, my name is Steve although it is spelled Stephan, I am extremely short, I have a complete and utter lack of imagination for such things and a respect for Steven Van Zant, who is Springsteen's guitarist, host of semi underground radio show Little Steven's Underground garage and was Sylvio on the Sopranos. I have always wanted to change this handle but haven't been able to think of another.
    I have been egging for twelve years and have grown a bit of a collection.
    Born and raised in Toronto and live in Caledon, Ontario about thirty five miles north of there.
    In my 5 or 6 years active on this forum I have formed some extremely close friendships that I hope will continue for the rest of my life.
    My signature line is a quote from the novel Anne of Green Gables and I truly believe Eggers are drawn together as they are kindred provider personalities.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    My name is Frank Cawley, thus the uninspired moniker of FrankC. I've had a large and a medium for about a year now.

Been a bit of a nomad myself:
    Born in Scranton, PA
    Annapolis, MD
    Phoenix, AZ
    Tuscon, AZ
    and now in Omaha, hopefully to stay!

fc
  • PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Hey Mickey! how do you get an egg with airline points? hehe

cheers!
  • bobSTL
    bobSTL Posts: 105
    Sorry, wrong spot for this answer :ermm:
  • Mr. D
    Mr. D Posts: 32
    Being from SW Louisiana ( Lafayette/ Opelousas Area ) I grew up cooking . Went to school with Paul Prudomme. I don't have many hobbies, never did except cooking.

Prime Rib / Blackening Fish / and the infamous crawfish boils is what I like the most.

Never did a Brisket before I moved to Austin, Tx., now is sort of a monthly thing.

Retired from the Military, Retired from a grain company after 32 years, drawing SS, and go tired looking at the walls so went back to working for Homeland Security full time.Which brings us to my handle " Mister D " It a name my team mates call me in New Orleans and it sort of Stuck
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    From Detroit, Michigan....actually Mt. Clemens, MI.....but transplanted to Florence, AL where I have been since June of 2002.

Squeeze is my old High School nickname.....due to a football coaches mispronouncing my last name.

Been egging for seven years and have only had to replace a gasket once and it was not because I "torched it", it was because it had so much food crud on it it was just getting nasty......
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Man, I thought you were saying you hosted the radio show and was on the Sopranos.....dang, you had me all excited for a second....lol....hope all is well up North!

-Kevin
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    When I joined my first forum (it was a flyfishing forum) your handle had to have letters and numbers in it and you had to list your real name & where you lived.
    I am from Albany, GA originally but Albany1 sounded dumb. Everyone seemed to know Vidalia,Ga because of the onions so I picked Vidalia1.

I have lived in:
    Albany, Ga
    Reno, Nv
    Miami, Fl
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Orlando, Fl
    & now Lawrenceville, Ga

Mint Tulip & I have been married for almost 36 years. I am in the urgh, um finance industry... :sick:

We have a large BGE that we got 2 years ago, a small which is 1 1/2 years old and a mini which is 3 months old (but previously owned by a good & loving family)

We also just purchased minis for our son & D-I-L and daughter & S-I-L and they are loving them.
  • Ribhead
    Ribhead Posts: 123
    Purchased a large egg about 1 1/2 months ago and learning alot from this site!

I am a College Administrator and live in Jackson Michigan!

My handle - I guess because I have RIBS and I have a HEAD!
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Morro Bay, CA (halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco) on the coast over looking the Pacific.

Now where do you think my non-innovative handle comes from?

Bought my first large in Atlanta at the old storefront on Claremont St. in Oct. 2001.

Now have a large, small and Mini.
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Aaaaahhhaaaa. That explains it all. Your a NEWBIE!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Squeeze,

When he gets on the forum I can sell his name back to him :laugh:

STeve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FSUScotsman
    FSUScotsman Posts: 754
    Mine is easy.....a combination of my heritage and where I went to school. I'm originally from N. Carolina, but have lived in Florida many years now. Soon to be moving to the St. Cloud area.

I've been egging almost four years now on a large and a small.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Pato it took a lot of points for the small. They have stopped that now as no eggs from Cooking.com that supplyed the company doing the promotion.
    No more eggs on the internet now.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• AZ Traveler
    AZ Traveler Posts: 664
    Born in Texas and have been traveling for a long time.
    I started traveling from the west coast to the east coast when I was young and have been traveling back and forth ever since.