Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New egger from QC, Canada

Options
BenCour
BenCour Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello everybody,

I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now while I was waiting for my Large to arrive. I finally got it over the weekend and here are some pictures of my first cook. Chicken with roasted garlic butter under the skin. Turned out great, my guests really enjoyed it.

I thought I read a lot about the gasket but it looks like I didn’t read enough. Even though my temperature never went over 400, my gasket was damaged on my first cook. If you look on the right of the second picture it’s a little bit burned. I have no clue what could have caused this. Can it be the pan ?

The day after for my daughter baptism, I decided to do some grilling with the egg. The result is that I’m now shopping for an extra long pair of gloves. That thing can really get hot ;)

Finally I'm currious in finding out how many people from Quebec are on this forum.

Enough said here are the pictures :

Starting my first cook
IMG_6790.jpg

Almost done
IMG_6793.jpg

The egg with my custom table
IMG_6795.jpg

Comments