Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Considering Replacing Large with XL

Idahoegger
Idahoegger Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Currently have 3 large eggs. Have a friend who is wanting to buy one of them so thought if i do this i would buy the XL to replace it. Really love all my larges all do a fantastic job. AM I going to regret this if i follow through with it

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    pitmeister,

The XL is not as versatile as the large but it is great for large cooks, ribs, big briskets and multiple butts. I would say it is worth the trade up if you have two larges.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,670
    seeing you will still have two larges, i would do it just for the bigger pizzas B)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • jonnieAZ
    jonnieAZ Posts: 66
    i have a XL and MED and find the XL to work great for bigger feeds and also you can do 2 pizza with 2 med stones on it!
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Phew! When I saw that title, I thought, someone will have to wrestle my large from my cold, dead embrace. But since you'll still have a large, more space can only mean more food! :woohoo:
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Make sure that you get the correct platesetter if you end up with the new XL. I am currently battling with the old (short-legged) plate setter with the new XL which has a shorter firebox and shorter fire ring.

Plus I don't like the plate setter that close to the grid when cooking indirect--check out my post from yesterday. However, I am still learning how to drive the XL, having used LBGE and SBGE for a while now. I do appreciate the extra grid space. :)
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    When you had 2 large eggs, what made you get a third large instead of an XL? I'm just curious.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Call me crazy but I prefer the xl over the large....The large is kinda going the way of my medium cooker when I first got the large.....just sits there and not used. Actually sold the medium to get the xl.

I need to mention that my toy (accessory) collection for both the large and xl is a little more extensive than most folks.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    XL could make some big pizzas...Would love to watch one of your 1200 degree pizza cooks on the XL, from a distance.LOL
    darian
    PizzaParty.jpg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas