Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pineapple Head

Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did some yams today using Pinapple Head....they were amazing!! Pealed and sliced them about 1/2" thick, coated them with canola oil, Pineapple Head on both sides and then on the Egg at 275 dome for about 6 minuted a side. When they were just finished I brushed a little melted bitter on them. They went so fast I didn't get a picture.

Chuck

Comments

• :laugh: it's great with baked and smashed sweet taters, too :woohoo:
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    We had some on our sweet potatoes, along with Raging River. Both are fantastic!
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Mine should be here tomorrow... I can't wait... Sweet Potatoes, Ham, etc...
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    I'm trying Pineapple Head on a variety of things. Tonight it was corn on the cob - good. Yesterday morning I tried it on a fried egg sandwich - good. I've got to try the sweet potato treatment.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Chuckie!!! I haven't seen you post in a while. What a great idea with the yams. I will have to give that a try. Have you heard anything from Nature Boy or Hatch? Just wondering how they faired in the competitions this weekend. Chris said he was cooking with Rod of Pellet Envy. I didn't realize Pellet Envy was one of the winningest teams in America. I'm sure they did well.
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Hi Anne!! Definately try the yams or sweet potatoes would work I am sure. Not sure what Hatch did this weekend but I did talk to Chris after his competition with Rod. He had a great time and they came in 3rd place in a tough field. I hope all is well with you and Del...say hi for me.

Chuck