Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weeknight Corn on the Cob

Options
Willie Lump Lump
Willie Lump Lump Posts: 229
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The following is my technique for “Weeknight” corn on the cob. I agree it is not as good as Corn cooked entirely on the grill but gives a good product then can be done when doing a steak or other quick cook.
The main helper is a Microwave oven. I apologies for this vulgarity.
Back when microwaves ovens where a new thing, corn on the cob was made by wrapping in waxed paper and cooking for 3 or 4 minutes per ear. Fast and about as tasty as boiled corn.
My technique is to start the corn this way i.e. wrapped in wax paper cooked for 2 minutes on the microwave then with waxed paper removed, put on the egg and turned frequently to caramelize it. If you have the time do the whole cook on your egg. If it’s Tuesday night and your doing a fast cook try this method.
Corns cheap so if you don’t like it this way it’s not a big waste.
TTFN WLL

Comments

• AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Oh..., where are you located?

We don't have corn here yet... Been too wet for them to pick... I am jealous and looking forward to some fresh sweet corn... :)
  • Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    I'm in Minnesota. I perfer corn thats fresh from the farmers market but like it enough that I do buy from the supermarket off season.
    It's a truely lovely day here but its planting time not harvest time. TTFN WLL