Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freezing cooked ribs?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wondering if anyone has ever frozen cooked ribs and then re-heated them in the future?? Thoughts about how this has worked? How did the ribs taste? I do have a food saver so would be able to freeze them in an airtight way. Thanks for any thoughts or opinions you might have about this!

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    mmbbq,[p]I froze 3 packages of pork spare ribs (2 w/sauce and 1 without) in foodsaver bags 2 months ago. I took one of the sauced packages to work last week and nuked it for lunch. I was impressed. If I didn't already know they had been frozen, I would have had a hard time believing it! Undoubtedly the best "leftovers" I've ever had. LOL![p]Jim
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    JSlot,[p]We do this all the time with our cooks. Gives us lunches and quick dinners through the week. The foodsaver is a great tool to have around...![p]Mornin' coffee to ya,
    Tonia
    :~)

• Unknown
    Options
    mmbbq,[p]I started freezing ribs for my wife when she was home with the newborn for a quick & easy meal and she loved them. I then brought a couple of slabs to work for my buds to try. Next thing I know I had orders for 51 full slabs of ribs.[p]Also, If the ribs are going to be nuked or reheated in an oven, I sauce them before vacuum sealing. If the ribs are going to be finished on a grill (gas or charcoal), I freeze them dry and let the customer sauce them if they choose. A lot of these folks can't control the lower reheating temps very well and they could (and have) really charred-up a sugar based sauce.
    Have a great day!
    Jeff