Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Used egg dilemma

smalljawssmalljaws Posts: 58
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went and looked at a large egg this afternoon. The seller and I agreed on a fair price and after breaking down the egg I noticed two very fine cracks on the inside of the base. The cracks form an upside down "u" shape, about 7-inches long with the top of the "u" about an inch from the top of the egg. The cracks are not wide nor deep I could barely feel them when I ran my fngernail over the surface. The egg is about two years old and used only a handfull of times, the inside looks brand new. If it had been used 10 or so times I probably would not have been able to see the cracks.

Should I walk away or are very fine cracks common on the inside. I never noticed any on my medium, but may not have inspected thouroughly.

Comments