Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

3 butts - insane fuel efficiency

CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 3,749
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last weekend I cooked 3x 8.5lb butts...put two on main grid and one on top (touching) with a second grid between them. I built the lump to an inch below the top of fire ring using classic Elder Ward technique. Since the cook started way too early I decided to go real low at 225'ish dome. The temp was subsequently bumped to 250, then 275 for the home stretch. Total cook time was approximately 28.5 hours. No Guru nor Stoker, just Maverick ET-73C. The last (top) one was pulled more than two hours after the first two.

It was astonishing how much lump was left after the marathon cook. By the way, it's the Argentinian Le Gourmet Classique lump. This photo was taken AFTER I stirred down the lump to remove any 'gaps'...
Gary
Picture019.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg
Picture012-1.jpg
Picture013-1.jpg
Picture014.jpg
Picture015.jpg
Vaughan, ON, Canada

Comments