Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Question (actually two)

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am egging my first brisket tomorrow (3lbs) what internal temp. do I strive for and what temp. to cook the beast? Also, I want to raise my grill rack and saw the answer a while back, now can't find it. Used 3" bolts, can you help me out here, going to Ace Hardware tomorrow. Thanks for any help --- Saucy

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Saucy Elbows,[p]Sorry I cant help you with the grid issue,but I'd pull that puppy @ about 185-190! [p]Good'ns on you for your big day tomorrow!![p]Chubby[p]Eat heavy...Dress cool!!

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chubby, thanks will do, any tried and true recipes I might use?
    Saucy

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    AtomicTurdsongrill.jpg
    <p />Saucy Elbows,
    For the raised grid, we used stainless steel nuts, bolts and washers. So if you are looking at it, from the top, it has: bolt, grid, washer, nut...then at the bottom of the bolt you put nut, washer, nut to make little feet so it sits on your lower grid. Hope this helps some. Just make sure its all stainless. Galvanized gives off some nasties I believe. You can kinda get an idea of the top from the picture. Don't have a good one of the bottom.[p]~nikki

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Saucy Elbows,
    Don't get mad, a 3lb brisket? Sounds like a flat portion to me. There is probably no fat cap, so you need to wrap the flat in bacon for best results.
    You can have this done quick. As lean as it should be, I would do indirect at 200 for about an hour to get smoke flavor and wrap in alum. foil for the last hour or more.
    Just trying to help.[p]CWM

• Unknown
    Options
    You guys (and gals) are amazing, thanks so much, know now what I need to do for a sucessful party. Keep up the good work and excellent advice for us beginners.
    Saucy

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Saucy Elbows,
    I've made the raised grill setup for both my large and small Eggs (directions courtesy of Old Dave). The best place to get the hardware is a marine supply store--here in San Diego there are lots of them. Ace Hardware had only a limited selection of stainless steel hardware. And you might consider using 4-inch carriage bolts rather than 3-inch ones.

Judy in San Diego