Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Boston butt

byron tbyron t Posts: 2
edited 7:20AM in EggHead Forum
I have two 8 pound butts i plan to cook for Sunday. I believe it will take about 17-19 hours including resting time. If i have the butcher cut them in half to where both sides have bone do you think that will cut my smoke time in half????Pls help
·

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Two threads down. Same question. See answer..
    ·
  • Weekend WarriorWeekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    A bit wordy this afternoon, aren't we? :P
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    yep
    ·
  • Weekend WarriorWeekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    That's better. hahaahhaa
    ·
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Byron t,
    You want the Butts left whole and cooked side-by-side.
    It is hard to plan on when the butts will be done. Ask yourself what time you want to eat and then figure that you should start cooking 26 hours prior. If for some reason the butts get done sooner, they are easy to keep warm until you need them.

Relax, this should be easy. The less you do the better.

What rub are you using?

RhumAndJerk
    ·