Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Twist on the Jalapeno Popper

Pepper Monkey BBQPepper Monkey BBQ Posts: 651
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The other day I decided to try a new twist, at least for us, with the popper. Normally I slice the pepper in half, fill with cream cheese, wrap in bacon and cook until the bacon is crispy.

I was reading a BBQ book while on vacation last week (Alaskan Cruise ... fantastic!!) --- oh don't worry, we had an egg sitter for our two eggs who also was kind enough to feed our pets --- In the BBQ book they had a recipe for "Armadillo Eggs." Whole Jalapeno with end cut off and seeded, stuff with cream cheese (dyed yellow if you really want the 'egg' effect) and completely wrapped in sausage in the shape of an egg. I tried it with italian sausage and they weren't bad ... but I think there is room for improvement.

Has anyone made poppers wrapped in sausage instead of bacon?

Good be back!
Joel

Comments