Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Friday

Options
dublin
dublin Posts: 140
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So what's cooking for the weekend????
Tonight I am cooking Pork Chops with Raging River rub.
Tomorrow 4 lunch is Chicken Wings (Woodoggies style)
Tomorrow's dinner is Apps Shrimp and T-Bone steak's (Cow Lick Steak Rub)with taters.
Not sure about Sunday, Maybe a rack of lamb with garlic, rosemary,salt n pepper.

Comments

• Seth
    Seth Posts: 79
    Options
    dublin,
    First camping trip with the small. Butt going on this afternoon for early tomorrow, then burgers and steaks for the rest of the trip. Wish me luck with this bog ol butt going on this small egg.
    Have a great weekend all. If I can figure out how to download pics, i will have some good ones to share next week.
    Seth

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    dublin,[p]I'll be doing some grilling this evening. Maybe some sausages with Ken Stone's Easy Life rub. Or perhaps a pork loin. Tomorrow I will be eating whatever food is served at the wedding which I'm attending. Sunday will likely be ribs and chicken for the week.[p]Beer thirty in approximately 3 hours,
    Cornfed

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    seth,[p]You shouldn't have any problem with the butt on the small on the camping trip. We do them every time now! One of my favorite things is getting up in the morning and smelling that pig cooking....nothing like cherry wood smoke and pork wafting through the tent![p]Make sure you take some pics of the lovely places your egg will visit...heeee![p]QBabe
    :~)

• QBabe
    Options
    dublin,[p]I never know what's for dinner on Friday, since I'm at work and Mr. Hyde always surprises me when I get home. Maybe pizza, maybe brats, whatever strikes his fancy when he goes to get the beer, LOL![p]On Sat, I think we're going to do a frenched rack of lamb for dinner since NB posted that awesome and inspiring pic yesterday.[p]On Sun, I have two cooks planned. The first is a big ole sirloin tip roast that I plan to inject, cook to a nice med-rare and then cool and slice real thin (Arby's style) for roast beef sandwiches for the week's lunches. Later, for the dinner menu, I think we'll be doing some chicken drumsticks or as WooDoggies says..."chicken bones"....(got them on sale for $.39/lb and they've been in my freezer just waiting to be rolled in some rub and cooked...[p]WD, didn't you do them on a raised grid direct at around 250° or so at Eggfest? [p]Just waiting for beer-thirty,
    QBabe

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    dublin,[p]The wife is out of town, so it may be a weekend for experimentation.[p]Currently, I'm going back and forth between brisket, pork butt, and rump roast. If I have company, will do some steaks.[p]Okay, never done a pork butt - I would plan to go indirect at 250 dome until 200 internal - is this about right? (yeah, I'm lazy and haven't read through any of the archives).[p]TRex
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    TRex,
    Re the pork butt, that sounds pretty good. That's pretty much what I did for the shelter meal. 250-260 all night. A plate setter for the shield, a drip pan sitting in the plate setter, a grid on the plate setter and the butts on the grid. (I also had a grid extender to hold 2 butts above the 2 on the grid.)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    dublin,[p]Tonight is pork tenderloin, and hopefully tomorrow will be some steaks. I haven't had one since I received my Dizzy Pig rubs, and I'm anxious to try the cowlick. Mother-in-law is coming in for the weekend though, and she may want to go out tomorrow. She's never had a steak on the egg..doesn't know what she'd be missing.

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    dublin,[p]How does it get better than that? How ya fixed for smoking chunks? Do ya need another refresh?[p]K~G

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    KennyG,
    Happy Friday is next Friday....If you know what I mean.
    Larry

• Curious in California
    Options
    dublin,
    Newbie me has cooked salmon, spatchcocked chicken and pulled pork (in that order)With the left over pork, I'm planning to treat family and friends with chile verde pork burritos tonight. Last night we had chicken taco salad. The rest of the weekend I'm layin' back and bein' served as it is my birthday. Next week I'll be back at the grill with turkey and pork loin. Gotta increase my excercise program so that I don't start resembling my egg more than I already do. CinC

• QBabe
    Options
    Curious in California,[p]That egg shaped resemblance is a tough thing to keep under control. I myself have not been so very successful at that...LOL! But I've gotta say, despite my slightly more rounded exterior, I am having a blast with my egg and my insides are MUCH happier with all the wonderful cooks that have happened since we got ours about a year ago. [p]It's not how you look on the outside, but how you feel on the inside that counts![p]I'm feelin' GOOD!
    QBabe

• Shoosh
    Shoosh Posts: 19
    Options
    TRex,
    I inject the butt with chicken broth and a cajun marinade to give it some oomph. You can try it--I have done it without and it turned out well. I also put a spicy cajun rub on it( since my wife is half cajun). Good luck.

• dublin
    dublin Posts: 140
    Options
    KennyG,
    Running a little lite on the cabernet chips.
    Every thing else is stocked up. Do u have any cab chips? works wonders on my Rack of Lamb
    Thanks
    dub

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    dublin,
    i did a leg of lamb (bone in) for easter and it blew my mind....[p]rack of lamb is my current obsession.[p]i have even found rack of VENISON... but the wife needs to be broiught along by degrees

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    dublin,[p]I am out of these myself, but they are easy to come by here in C town. I'll get a shipment of them out to you over the weekend.[p]K~G

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    IMAGE011.jpg
    <p />QBabe,[p]Chicken Bones? I Loves Dem Bones![p]This photo is with Dizzy Pig on top and Ken Stone across the bottom.[p]Yes, 250 or so on a raised grid with a smallish fire direct for about an hour and half, flipping occasionally..... remember, you got to be lazy about it..... until they are very done but not drying out.
    I like the red meat on chicken nearly falling off the bones....... the flavor, texture and crispy skin is too much............ makes my eyes roll back in my head like a shark going in for the kill![p]Sounds like you and Mr. Hyde have a weekend of eatin ahead of you. Sirloin tip is serious cut in my world. [p]Cheers!
    John