Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggheads are taking a beating

Options
2»

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    they're talking about all the comments afterward...
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Options
    They are talking about the comments to the article. :ermm:
  • stike
    Options
    i don't give a rat's bacside about the comment section from that article, but i think your idea is a good one regardless of what precipitated it.

NB, Dr.BBq, and the others who have been winning... would be good to have short bios, and a list of the winnings.

won't mae my food any better, though. hahaha
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    yup
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    I know that we all love our Egg's and the food we put out on our Eggs. Don't let a hand full of jerks get to you. We all know what the Egg can do and what it can put out, so it's there lost no yours. Like someone told me it's there issue, don't make it yours. Happy Egging
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I'm really thinking about The Royal. But what do I know about ribs. Need a brisket and rear end man. :woohoo:

Mike
  • jeffy
    jeffy Posts: 34
    Options
    Excellent article. Thanks for posting.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    That may be the "most needed to be said" post I've seen here in a long time.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    for those guests here from the charlotte observer . not only do eggers compete successfully here in the U.S.A. , an egger recently won the Berlin and the German national bbq championships. and based on his pix there were at least two other teams competeing with eggs...
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    That' nothing compared to the way it used to be years ago!
    Members from one specific reputable forum used to constantly come on here and bash the Egg. Even one very famous, successful Egghead used to "take a drink" whenever an Egg cracked. LOL :)
    But now things are very different for the better. Those people are better known and it turns out they are great people and now love and own Eggs.
    So sont worry about that nonsense in that article. The BGE has come a long way and its momentum will not be stopped:)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I'll be your huckleberry.....
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Cookshack has a winners circle on their site where those who compete can upload their pic and a description of what they have won. I think it's a nice touch and a great way to promote the product.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    I was impressed Wolf. You didn't let them know just how silly they really were. When I saw you avatar, I thought "This is gonna be good!" But you let them off easy.

When do you start the new gig?
  • Eggerman1
    Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    Options
    I couldn't agree more, having an egg opens up the possibilities on what can be cooked outside and makes it easy!

Screw 'em, I'm an egger for life.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Lets talk when it gets closer. I think I will be hitting one in June. Got some help for that. Need help at the The Royal though.

Mike
  • Unknown
    Options
    Brand new here... just wanted to say that I live in Charlotte and this article was my first exposure to the BGE. I'm now obsessed with the concept and have been reading everything I can about them on the web. I'm barely a novice bbqer (more a griller), but I really want one of these now and thinking of all the possibilities of the fun meals I can make with it.

About the comments in the article.... that's Charlotte. Someone is always there to complain about something. We have lots of bankers here (myself included but I'm really a geeky engineer) that have moved in from the midwest, new england, california, etc and that creates some interesting tensions in the local politics.

I was just telling my cousin a few weeks ago that I miss the lifestyle my dad had with his friends, they'd get together once in a while and spend the afternoon talking and catching up while roasting something delicious on the grill. I can totally see the BGE as a great social centerpiece.

Cousin lives really close to Tucker, GA too, so now we have a joint plan for October. :)

If anyone in the charlotte area has any dealer recommendations, please send me an email!
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
    Options
    If and when you get your new Egg you will learn what the Hype is all about. Over a year ago I had to be convinced and now I am sold. I have grilled and BBQed all my life and there is no comparison to conventional cookers. Those poor people will just have to go through life missing out on the best BBQ and other home cooked food there is. :laugh:
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    My offer stands whether you buy an Egg or not :)

Welcome to the forum. Now get registered and join the big cult er family of any cooker.
  • stike
    Options
    i'm being a facetious putz, of course.

anyway, peace, mang. (and beers!)
  • stike
    Options
    wha? me? i was speakin' hypothetically. :whistle:
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Hopefully some day the light will shine for them.