Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flank steak with paste marinade

Options
Hamilton
Hamilton Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Recipe out of Chris Lilly's new book. This is the second recipe I've tried out of the book and both were superb.

flank0509.jpg

flank.jpg

Comments

• SGT BBQ
    SGT BBQ Posts: 190
    Options
    Looks great. Havent tried a flank steak yet. Was it tender and if so any other cuts of meat you could compare it to?
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice H! Have not tried flank might have to do that soon!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hamilton
    Hamilton Posts: 115
    Options
    SGT BBQ wrote:
    Was it tender and if so any other cuts of meat you could compare it to?

To me, it is most similar to tri tip - if it is not cooked and/or sliced right, it can be a tuff piece of beef. However, I think there is more flavor with the flank.

Molly, a definite "must try it".

$4.99 lb. at Costco.
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    We make our own carne asada ouy of flank steak and it turns out pretty goood.I buy the bulk flank at 2.29lb and trim it myself,vacuum seal great meals for the future.

GOOD eats and good friends

DALE
  • Smokin' Jacket
    Options
    Growing up, my Dad would cook steak on his Hasty Bake grill, he would always cook himself and Mom a nice filet mignon or t-bone. For me and my three brothers we got to split a flank steak. I have always loved the taste of a flank steak.
  • 70chevelle
    70chevelle Posts: 280
    Options
    Looks delicious! Flank and Flat Irons are pretty expensive at my groceries (5.99-7.99#), so I've been using London Broils ($2.50#). They are a little thicker but cooked to rare, rested and cut across the grain, they are fantastic.