Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Small Brisket Question

Eager EggerEager Egger Posts: 236
edited 12:10AM in EggHead Forum
My Son and some of his friends are coming over Saturday night for dinner. They provided a 6# corn feed brisket for the cook. In the past, briskets I cooked on the BGE were much larger and I keep hearing this one will cook much faster.

We plan on eating at 7pm and it has been a while since I cooked a brisket on the BGE. What time should I start the brisket to have it ready for dinner? Probably want a couple of hours for it to rest in the cooler before serving. So any estimates on cooking time, temperature, methods etc.would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
·

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    1-2 hours per pound depending on how much fat that sorry butcher left on it..

Personally I'd go get a real brisket and turn that one into hamburger.. Corned Beef or Pastrami come to mind too.
    ·
  • Eager EggerEager Egger Posts: 236
    Well I just don't have that option :-) Not my kind of brisket either.
    ·