Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Slicing eggs before smoking???

BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
edited 3:57AM in EggHead Forum
Going to be smoking smoked devil eggs, I usually make around 6 or 8, smoke 2 after boiling and peeling. I blend the two smoked ones with the yolks of the others. Do you think in order to keep the smoking time down and a low temp (remember I'm AZ so my eggs are over a hundred just sitting in the sun) I was thinking of slicing the 2 to be smoked length wise so the inside can get some additional flavoring.

Any thoughts one way the other???

Regards

Bordello

Working Hard for my ladies :woohoo:

LindsayLizFriends026.jpg

LindsayLizFriends027.jpg

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    OHHH Bordello..... I can not help you with the eggs but you better becareful of the nails on that blonde..... :evil: LOL Julie
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Heck, I was looking forward to em but hey, I'm Bordello so I'm allowed. :whistle: :silly: :lol:

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Weekend WarriorWeekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    After reading and re-reading and re-re-reading your post, giving very, very careful consideration............No. :woohoo: :whistle:
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,770
    Personally I wouldn't.. Stick to your original plan
  • sure bob, whatever. . . .uh, what was the question again??

oh yeah, something about eggs. ...wait a minute, let me consult one of my assistants. ..

hootersgirls.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

DSCN0246.jpg
    One no vote. Thanks for taking the time to reply. How you enjoyed the read. :lol:

Cheers,
    Bordello
    2 no vote.

Thanks,
    Bordello
    Mad Max,
    I knew there was something I liked about you. Keep up the good work. :woohoo: Cheers,
    Bordello :silly:
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Oh my Bob, this kind of remind me of Laugh-In. "you know what I am here after" :laugh: :laugh:

I must say you have, and I fully enjoy viewing, the finest egg accessories I have ever been privileged to see.

Keep up the hard work and have a great holiday weekend there my friend.

Kent

Oh yes, it will be interesting to see how the deviled eggs come out. Really looking forward to more pictures of your egg'n.
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Max, I don't know... I kind of think Bordello's accessories are showing more spunk.

We need to see more pictures from the two of you. :laugh:

Hope all is well with your family.

Kent
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    ...wait a minute.....did you mean this.......... :woohoo:

DisneyMay08082.jpg
    DisneyMay08081.jpg
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Max.....granddaughters looking great!!!!! :woohoo: :laugh: :whistle:
  • ALAL Posts: 80
    I WANT TO PARTY WITH YOU!!! YOUR A MAD MAN, MAX
  • RRPRRP Posts: 18,700
    Bob - I have gotten to the point where what we like best is to smoke the yokes only and even at that I only smoke 3 or 4 yokes per dozen eggs. The yokes absorb a lot and can get tough as a rubber ball - but they are good.

BTW - I see you like bling - you dirty old man!
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    I'm doing my best. :laugh: Having a little trouble with my mini so will see. I keep ya posted. Glad you're enjoying the eye candy. :woohoo:

Regards,
    Bordello
    Nice looking picture's, the second one reminds my of my buddy, now about 5' 4" and he is 6' 5 or 6" and he played Frankenstein for years at the fireman's h horror house at Halloween.

Nice Picture's,
    Bordello
    Hi Ron,
    I was thinking of that as the extra whites leave too much mixture to put back in the remaining eggs.

I'm doing one whole and one sliced to compare.

I love that these ladies are fond enough to kid around with me and don't mind the picture's as you can tell. I'll have to ask em if I can post some of just the two of them goofing around. They are a hoot.

Have a great weekend,
    Bordello
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    good one Beli :woohoo: