Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drip Pans

Options
Smoke'n in the Outback
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best drip pan to use for a Large Egg?

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Disposable aluminum foil pans work well.

Or most any metal pan (8x11) (9x13) etc. Best to wrap entire pan in foil - keeps the wifie happy when the bottom of her pan isn't smoke stained. :ohmy:
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    Misippi Egger wrote:
    Disposable aluminum foil pans work well.

Or most any metal pan (8x11) (9x13) etc. Best to wrap entire pan in foil - keeps the wifie happy when the bottom of her pan isn't smoke stained. :ohmy:

Yes I know. I used it one time and it's now my pan. The pan sits below the Smoke Ring and the lip sits on the ring. It fits perfect in my large. Other than that I use Weber drip pans.
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    I use a 9”x13” steel, high side, baking pan or a round 14” steel pizza pan (it has a pretty good lip on it) that are, for the most part, only used on the Egg.
    Although…I just did a bit of catering this past weekend and ended up having to use the 9”x13”! It cleaned up REAL good though!
    Just my 2 cents….But, stay away from any of the non-stick crap. Even for a drip pan!
  • Cactus Doug
    Cactus Doug Posts: 341
    Options
    I have the bge round drip pan but it is starting to rust. Recently I have been buying the disposable aluminum pans from the supermarket when they go on sale. Throwing away the pan makes clean up easy, I also usually scoop the ash into it after cooking as well (the next day, no hot coals).
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    The rusting can be and is a problem for me too.. Especially after a load of acidic "something" (apple cider or apple jack) which I do, when doing a double smoked ham for example.
    Once I have the pan cleaned up (BTW, that has never been a real major effort) I put a few drops of veggie oil on a paper towel and give it a light coating.
  • Cactus Doug
    Cactus Doug Posts: 341
    Options
    Funny you should say that, mine gets a spray of pam and goes back in the cupboard.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    I mostly use a deep dish pizza pan and line it with HD aluminum foil. Works great.

I also use it on the Spider for my smaller Dutch ovens or Skillets.

Here is a picture of it holding a ceramic dutch oven

chili1.jpg

GG
  • DryFly
    DryFly Posts: 351
    Options
    The 14" pan from CeramicGrillStore.com.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    a 13.5 inch paella pan works well, lined with foil for a drip pan, also works for casseroles, paellas, deep dish pizzas etc. i even use it with a grid on top for turkeys
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I pick up some disposable ones at Costco in a package of 20 for under $8.

That is the best deal I have seen, and they are great quality.

I use mine at least 3 times before trashing them.

Greg
  • Smoke'n in the Outback
    Options
    Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.