Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody visiting Ireland in JUne???

Options
irishrog
irishrog Posts: 375
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there anybody travelling in Ireland on June 20th this year who would like to cook some barbeque in a fun cook local competition.
The event is to celebrate 25 years in business for the shopping mall where I am manager, and we plan to have up to 50 teams cooking in a totally fun event. There will be plenty of live entertainment, bands, and good food.
We will provided the barbeques, (not eggs unfortunately), charcoal, and some food, and will be delighted to welcome friends from America if you are in the area.
We are located in Limerick City, about 15 miles from Shannon Airport, the main arrival airport in Ireland from America. Limerick is in the mid-west of Ireland, and about 2 and half hours driving from Dublin, the capital.
So if anybody is in the area, and would like to come along, please drop me an email on manager@parkwayshoppingcentre.com and we will reserve a spot for you and get you organised with everything you need.
Dont all shout at once, I only have 50 spaces for teams but I will facilitate as many as possibleLOL.
Greetings from Ireland, where the weather is wet, the Guinness is wet, and the welcome is friendly. Roger

Comments

• RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    Hi Roger:

No plans this year - maybe some time in the future...

If anyone decides to tour Ireland for an extended period of time, they can also take in the Rose of Tralee festival in August too! That would be one long vacation. Ha! Ha!

Michael
  • irishrog
    Options
    Michael, they would just about be recovered from my barbeque party in June to go to the Rose is August. Roger
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    LOL

Maybe that's the plan...BBQ, Guiness, Jameson's and then the Rose.

If you keep them partying, (which won't be hard to do)you could be your own economic stimulus plan for Irish Tourism!

Michael
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    What a nice invitation. If we weren't going on an Alaska cruise in July we might take you up on it. Sounds like fun, not to mention getting the chance to play in the fire a bit. Could be that I could meet some of my relatives too. But we'll have to pass (this time).

Thanks..

Spring "Irish To The Core" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • irishrog
    Options
    Leroy, any time you are in this part of the world dont wait for an invitation, just shout out loud, and come on down. we would love to meet you and the hen, and cook some barbeque with you. Roger