Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cyber Qin' in the rain

BuffaloChip
BuffaloChip Posts: 106
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Egg, Cyber Q (in white), fan, and Maverick dressed for rain.

DSC01570.jpg

Cyber Q in ziplock

DSC01580.jpg

Second butt finishing

DSC01578.jpg

All pulled

DSC01590.jpg

Chart Grate temp set for 230*

First peak is Egg at temp

First dip is putting in rig with pizza stone and drip pan for indirect

Second peak is up to temp

Second dip is food going on at 6:30 pm

Last dip is lid open with first butt coming off and food probe placed into second butt.

gurubutts.png

Waiting for next cook

DSC01582.jpg

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    You left all that good stuff on he grill from the first one. I could eat that right now. :laugh: Are you in Buffalo?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Sweet setup! Did you make the blue case? Or does that ship with the Q? I've been looking to get one, because I've only got one DigiQ and three eggs. Would be nice the have the flexibility to control multiple cookers with a single controller.

Like the graph, too!
  • BuffaloChip
    Nothing was left on the grate. :)

Nope, not from Buffalo. Long story short. Went out west on vacation when I was a kid and was impressed with the buffalo. An very old Native American Indian told me they used buffalo chips for cooking and campfires. When CBs came along I used Buffalo Chip for a handle and it kinda stuck with me.

The case is made by Pelican. I bought it from Themoworks, the same company who makes the Thermapen. Cheapest place to get a Pelican case I've found.
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Which # case is that Buffalo Chip?

Ross
  • BuffaloChip
    1150. It's a little small and I would consider one a little bit bigger if I were to do it again.

--Dave