Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Meal on BGE - WAF Skyrockets

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF) jump to 100% after having a burger prepared on the BGE.[p]She has been giving me a rash of stuff every since I said 'this is the one'. I've been searching for 'the grill' over the past couple of years, and declared the search over when I discovered the ceramics/kamados. She thought the thing was ugly, too big, and weighs too much. That all changed after the first bite into the burger.[p]I looked into the alternatives, but I found a dealer in town with a large in stock. That was what sealed it for the Big Green Egg. The enthusiasm and support on this forum was another factor.[p]Burgers on the grill are one of our staple meals. The weather this weekend in N. Central FL, was kind of iffy, so my plan was to grill some burgers for Sat. and Sun. lunch, and then maybe do a spatchcock chicken Sunday before the afternoon storms kicked in.[p]She liked the burgers so much that they ended up being Saturday's dinner as well. Never got to do the chicken. Anyway, she said 'You did good', which means all is well. This thing is probably going to get more use than the new stove that I just dropped a bundle on.[p]Another new, very satisfied egger[p]DonH
[/b]

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    DonH,[p]Where are you in N. Central Florida? We're outside of Gainesville.....[p]Welcome to the family,
    QBabe
    :~)

• Unknown
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Cool. We are in Gainesville also. I bought my Egg from Pinch-a-Penny here in town. I was kinda surprised when I called and was informed that they had a couple in stock.[p]I was originally going for a Med. (expense thing), but when I saw one in the store, I decided a large would be better. Just so happened that they had one at 'the other store'. Good for me.[p]DonH
    [/b]
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    DonH,[p]Wow! I can't believe there is a fellow egger right here in town...![p]We got our small from the Pinch-a-Penny on 34th but our large was bought at Eggfest last May (it was one of the demo eggs). You can get a really good price on the demo ones at the fests. Several of us are organizing a Florida/Nature Coast Egg Camping Fest Oct 10th - 13th at Silver River State Park, and if we can find a dealer or distributor to work with us, we're hoping to be able to have a few demo eggs to offer folks. We've got quite a few really nice door prizes lined up and are working diligently behind the scenes to make it a nice event.[p]Even if you're not into camping, the park has some really NICE cabins that sleep 6 for just $85/night. Hope you can join us![p]QBabe
    :~)

• Mr. Hyde
    Mr. Hyde Posts: 99
    Options
    DonH,[p]Be careful. I went through the same thing, serching for "the grill". I thought I would give one of these big, ugly ceramic things a try. My wife didn't care, it was just another stupid grill, in a long line of grills.[p]Well after impressing her (and myself) with a couple of cooks, she thought she might give it a try herself...sigh, that was the end of my cooker. It (now they!) became HER cookers, she became Qbabe, I became fat.
    [/b]
  • germanshorthair
    Options
    DonH,[p]I can relate to your situation. My wife thought that the egg was a costly,bonehead decision.----Until she tasted the steak,burgers,chicken,ribs etc.
    Now I think that I've got her convinced on getting another egg?
    Enjoyin my egg.

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    DonH,
    I am in the same boat. Last week I talked the Boss into purchasing one. She told me Saturday after my first Slow and Low Butt that she would pay the money again in a second and that it was one of the best buys we have made in a while. Long live the BGE!!!![p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!